feel so down and alone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Ive had anxieties and depression for aslong as i can remember, i hit rock bottom and had 3 suicide attempts one was recently but my partner helped me get professional help and i thought i was getting better. Recently i have felt down sad alone and on the verge of tears alot. My partners job has taken him away for longer periods but i try and focus on him coming back but its sooo hard. Im so lonely

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

be strong Aimee, is there someone who you could stay with for a few days just to take the lonest part out of your day, I know how you feel, I have had anxiety and depression for over 30years but I do see a psychiatrist and that is good sometimes, although often you think how do you know how I feel!!! Because at the end of the day only you know how you feel and people like me understand how you feel because we have experienced it, my hubby went away the other week for the week and I really didnt feel able to stay at home, so I went to my parents for the week, it was a real nice change and I took Mum out 2 days which was nice for her as well as me.  I cant drive far as I get so tired so I left my house at 10.30 in the morning and drove to theres and did the same thing when I came back on the Friday, but I know I would have been worse off at home, so just see if you can stay at your parents, or a friends, even if its just for a couple of days I'm sure you will find that helpful.  What sort of medication are you on? I am on Sertraline at the moment, some days are better than others but still not sure whether it is really working that well, but we have to take what they suggest and see how we go. I wish you luck and hope you are not feeling to alone, at least you have written on here and you know you are not alone here, as there is alot of us feeling the same way as you do.
  • Posted

Cheer up... Divert your attention to other things like going to movies with your bestfriends or hangout and sleepover with friends... Make yourself busy with the things you like to do most. Sooner or later you'll realize he's already home. Call him or videocall him if you badly needed him. Good luck!
    • Posted

Thank u all for your replies.

I only have 4 friends i can rely on and they are all married with kids so things are a bit difficult to sort out. No-one makes me as happy as my partner does but obviously he cant be around all the time. Im so.lost

• Posted

its a shame you cant go and stay with your friends, but try and stay strong especially for your partner as you said he makes you happy which is really a good one, so hang on to him, Im sure he understands, so prehaps over the weekend you can chat to him and say you have been on this site and what we have suggested, prehaps as he knows you  more than we do he will come up with some ideas to help you.  thinking of you and try and stay strong
  • Posted

I am contemplating taking my own life, right now. I am scared

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.