Feeling a bit better on mirtazapine but still very low

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm on 30mg and have been since beginning of December. Kicked in a couple of weeks ago but now feel very low again (not as terrible as before though). Anyway I just wondered if anyone had theirs increased in a similar timescale or should I set my targets lower?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I have been taking mirtazapine 15 for 4 day I feel like it is not doing anything for me is this right or is something else I feel I am going nowhere at this time I hope it get better because I I don't want to give up you feel very low at this time

• Posted

Took 5 weeks to take effect for me, so give it more time but totally understand that you want to feel better sooner when you feel so low.
    • Posted

Yes you feel like it going to work because feel out of it and panic attack get bad and you feel like you want to runaway from it or go out of your home
  • Posted

I started on 15mg (in October) and this worked for a while (after it kicked in). I then took a dip and The the GP took it up to 30mg. Mostly working well but I did have a dip a week (including a kinda melt down) or so ago but ploughed through as I really didn't want to up it again, at least yet. It has settled down again and feeling quite good. It is about trial and error and giving the medication time; also about expecting some bad days as this is 'the nature of the beast!'. So wishing you all the very best on your journey. X

• Posted

Thanks for that, the bad days seem to be getting worse at the minute but we'll see what tomorrow brings.  Good to hear you are feeling good - could do with more good posts.

• Posted

Previously on mirt but started again in Oct and after 10 weeks on 15 mg I got really sick. Nauseous, dizzy, no appetite, shaky, anxiety, no sleep it was giving me kinda opposite effect of what it supposed to do. I know my Dr will want to increase me.. But I want no more of mirt. Happy you are doing well 😊

• Posted

Rachel I agree with others give it more time. I had my doses increased to 45mg and it made anxiety and depression worse. You'll still have peaks and troughs even on meds. I'm coming off it now as it stopped working but I hope it helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.