Feeling depressed about herpes

Posted , 3 users are following.

So a few days ago and today, the doctor suspected that I have genital herpes. She took swabs and bloods from me to find out if it really is herpes.

I made the biggest mistake of my life, I have never had unprotected sex with anyone until I met my current partner. After Tuesday, I noticed some fissures around my vaginal area due to the rough sex and then I started getting pimples that led into open sores. The state I'm in right now is so painful and I just can't believe this is happening to me.

I told him so many times that I don't want to have unprotected sex, but he doesn't listen! Now I have to live with this forever.

I don't know what to do. I am having a delayed reaction right now.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Trust me I got diagnosed about 2 weeks ago at first it's honestly a death sentence and you will feel so horrible but when you begin to accept it (because you have to babe) you'll start calming down

Yeah it's a pain in the bum but no one has to know apart from you (and those you choose to have sex with) don't feel dirty 1 in 4 people have this

Even my mom has type 1 and she doesn't even think it's herpes

You do get over it I still feel sad now and then but the first few days are evil

Stop beating yourself up though because there is nothing you can do about it

• Posted

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

I don't fully know, until I get the results. But, as crazy as it sounds, I'm hoping it comes off as negative even though the symptoms are obviously there.

I've never experienced pain like this in my whole life lol

I'm not as fussed as I was before, as long as I take care of myself and can still have kids then I can just put this crazy event behind.

Since the time you had your first OB 2 weeks ago, has the symptoms got better and is it back to normal?

I think it's nice that your mum is supportive and is able to relate with you as well <3

• Posted

Yeah it's bad my symptoms weren't as bad as everyone has said there's were, I think having cystitis was much worst than this!!

My symptoms (it's been 11 days to be precise) are still here he sores are going now but my vagina feels really prickly like stubble is going over it and thats freaking me out a bit!

It's not painful anymore though it doesn't hurt to wee, the emotional pain was much worst and well my mom doesn't know I have it I'm too scared to tell her (she doesn't need to know) but she has it and she's just told me in the past!

Having children was my main priority but apparently it's totally okay and fine it's only bad when you contract herpes at 36 weeks pregnant!!!

Doctors normally make you take suppression therapy (Aciclovir) in your last trimester to make sure you are outbreak free at the time or birth

If you're not then it's a c-section but how many millions of women have c-sections!!!! Loads!

Much love keep living xxx

• Posted

Me too, I don't think I'll ever tell my mum because I don't want her to worry so much about me. I've reached the age where I have to deal with things on my own.

That's good news! You survived, so I am hoping to have less pain as the days go on. Mine started on Saturday, so maybe by the end of this week, there should be some improvements.

Did you use anything to ease the sores?

You're right about the emotional pain, that is the hardest one to deal with. But at the same time, the first OB usually motivates people to take better care of themselves as they used to. However, I wished we and others didn't have to go though this pain but I'm just glad that there is a lot of support here.

It would harder having to deal with GH and pregnancy at the same time tbh. I hope that doesn't happen to us, when we decide to have children in the near future.

• Posted

Yeah moms tend to worry and they aren't as educated in that matter so it's not worth it especially when you don't even like speaking about it, moms over exaggerate everything and I don't think you want her crying up in your grill right now haha!

It's your secret and it's my secret everyone has secrets some worst than others think of all those serial killers that have never been caught wink

I've read stories and people just say that they are so over it now and it's just an inconvenience more than anything which is great that's just like thrush or cystitis that's on our down below but whenever we get them we are just like ah not again!

I'm always here for s chat if you want

My pride and joy was lidocaine I'm from the United Kingdom so I don't know if you can get it from wherever in the world you are but I really suggest getting online and buying some it's a numbing agent you put it on and within seconds no pain!! People normally put it on before weeing because you can't feel pain when weeing! I got it for free along with Aciclovir with my sexual health clinic but I'm definitely going to get more I mean it's even useful for insect bites or cuts!

Haha don't worry about the pregnancy thing

When we're pregnant we're going to be having mood swings

Vomiting every 5 minutes, sore boobs and don't forget the pushing the child out of us, I think GH will be the very least of our worries!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.