feeling down

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi im a new member a little about me im 57nearly 58 married one daughter 30 and was begining to feel what is wrong with me then i thought menapause so i came on to this to see is any one feels the same i started with something last year in january which started as  a cold then turned into stress and anxiety 2 weeks before due to fly to dubai yek dubai and i dont want to go didnt think they have hospital eventuallly put on propanalol 1 three times a day then as it didnt work 2 thre times a day any how got there loved it going back this year but , all through the year felt tired no motervation cant be bothered i was told by a family member it was the menapause sometimes id have a day when   felt great but thenid go back  then i d take the dose again thought it was job making me tired so i changed was ok for a bit then tired again,  my wieght has increased by about 2 stone i forget stuff  my head dont feel with it i do silly thing and im sure people think i look blanl but that how i feel i look i tried not taking anti depressant incase that was wieght gaining then today i thought menapause so i looked up symptoms and hey presto it sounded familier even the joint pain so can any one relate so to go on but i feel drained i can wake up at night go around shops although did go to tesco the other night and my daughtersaid was worth it wasnt there just in body help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, isn't the world just so annoying at the moment, 😤,not only to we have to do the child bearing and the joy of mother nature showing up every 20 ish days, we the get hit with menopause, REALLY.. Weight gain, hair in places it never was, mainly on the chin, being a complete bitch and not being able to control it.its so nice to know that your not alone with all the support on this forum x

• Posted

Hello Di, I'm taking a otc menopause tablets, just started six days ago as I've only just realised recently what's happening to me, I am new to this forum too but what a life line it's been the last week, peri is still here beating me down but this forum and having all these ladies to talk too is just what I needed, I don't have any answers as of yet but when I do I'll certainly share them with you all. Peace out ladies,x

• Posted

Yes Di, that sounds like perimenopause/ menopause. Are you still menstruating regularly? Do you have other physical symptoms such as dry skin/vagina/eyes, hot flushes? Body aches and pains? Night sweats? Not everyone gets every symptom but it can help to sort out if it actually is hormonal or for example anxiety. Also in theory your FSH would be high on a blood test.
    • Posted

Hi no no monthly for about 2 years hot flushes night sweats dryness not really body aches and pains stress and anxiety levels get high
    • Posted

So did you have perimenopause/menopause symptoms 2 or more years ago ? Are you saying these current symptoms started a year after your actual menopause? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.