Feeling extremely depressed after taking Propranolol after two weeks?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello, I'm 21 and have only been taking two 10mg for my anxiety and slightly high blood pressure for the past two-three weeks. When I first started taking them I felt carefree and the happiest I've felt in so long, I was so happy with it. But now I feel depressed and angry all the time and all I want to do is sleep. 

Can someone please give me some advice on what to do? I'm scared of feeling like this for much longer. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

One day, I realized I forgot to take it in the morning.  So, I took it later in the day.  Then I had a beer soon after.   I could not believe the emotional rollercoaster, and anger that followed that mistake.   That has been the only time.    I also had some side effects with that manufacturer?    I then traveled to another state, got a diffrent manufacture? or something, and the side effects were far less.     Remember with "slow release", I think there is a coating which causes the slow release.  Do not take with anything that eats that coating off (like beer).  Perhaps soda might do the same.  This is a wonder drug, but I think it increases the frequency of my tics, while making them easier to deal with, so, it's far from perfect.
  • Posted

Have you spoken to your GP? My daughter is on Propranolol for anxiety, but a week after taking it, had concerns they were making her feel worse. What helped her was taking the medication earlier in the day & this alleviated the side effects. If you haven't already, go & see your GP. It may be that this medication isn't right for you or it may be that your GP can offer support as our GP did for my daughter? All the very best.
    • Posted

Oh really? I will try that and see how I get on as I have been taking it very late in the afternoon then the second one in the evening so this could be having a negative effect. I haven't gone back to my GP as he  isn't very good, but might have to if this feeling doesn't go away. Thanks for the advice smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.