Feeling faint in your sleep or while lying down

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi Ladies,

I woke up last night feeling so awful and faint like I would pass out but I was already lying down. It woke me out of my sleep. I felt so weak and almost like I was having low blood pressure. I had to sit up and it finally passed. Ive had my heart tested, told all was ok. Does anybody else get this? It scares the pants off me, this is the 2nd time it has happened.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

i did that on off for 2 years ...was put on anti d. as heart checks kept coming up ok. i eventually didnt wake up from one of these issues .it was discovered i had sinus arrest. this is where heart just goes from normal to stop. ended up with pacemaker

it is fairly rare and hard to diagnose ...so if it keeps happening get a 2nd opinion..

• Posted

Oh my, this is concerning. Thank you for that info. I am on Lexapro right now. This only happened one other time. I will keep an eye on it.
  • Posted

Yeah I get this snowbell. It's really scary especially at night!! I I've had it may times and I find it helps to sip cold water and just breathe. Not easy I know as I hate feeling faint but like u my hearts been tested and it's ok. I have naturally low BP and the doc said nothing to worry about. So lie back sip water and try to relax int it passes. I usually work through the alphabet listing my favourite spoke or things beginning with each letter. Works for me.😀

Hope you feel reassured love xxxx

• Posted

Louise, thank you! I am 5 days post op from having my left ovary and tube removed and right tube taken. Im wondering if that has sent my hormones into a big mess. I woke up with anxiety thru the roof, and so emotional right now. The faint feeling just made me so scared and I just feel a mess today. These hormones are the pits.
    • Posted

Hi Snowbell, was the first occurrence also post-op?
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, this is the first time post op but I had this happen about 2 weeks ago for the first time ever. It scared me so bad. sad
    • Posted

I can see why.  I've awakened on the odd morning now and then with a bit of vertigo, but I have low blood pressure and it happens usually if I get too warm.  Theg's suggestion about getting a second opinion is good, if only to confirm that nothing is wrong and to get the right treatment.  I'm sorry that you've had this happen pre- and post-op, I can see how that would add to your anxiety.  🙁
    • Posted

Thanks Elizabeth, so glad to have you ladies to talk to.
    • Posted

Awww sounds like you are going through the mill! I really do think it's post op hormones but it may reassure you to check with your doc for true peace of mind. I hope u r feeling a little brighter now and sending u lots of love and kind thoughts. Big hugs xxxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.