Feeling Flat On HRT. Anyone Have This?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am in the middle of rearranging hormones again. I feel so flat emotionally. It's like a lethargic depression. I don't feel anything. No joy, no anger, no nothing. I just feel dead emotionally. Anyone have this and what did you find that helps? I have one ovary, still have uterus, and on 100 prometrium and 1.5 Estradial oral. Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Unless, you're on some type of antidepressant, it sounds as if you're spiritually devoid. Do you pray or meditate? When I have felt like devoid of life I start looking for prayers, asking The Almighty Loving God for help. I swear that during perimenopause I prayed a lot to help me get through the days.

• Posted

Hi I know exactly how you feel, I feel like I'm constantly trying to pretend I feel ok when really I don't.My HRT has been upped as constantant felt it wasn't high enough but don't feel any better so I'm now going to have the coil fitted and estrogen gel which I'm hoping will help.I think getting your HRT right can sometimes be difficult.

ive also started exercising every day which does seem to help.

• Posted

Hi the Mirena coil releases progesterone directly into the womb & can be used as the progesterone part of hrt in a much lower dose 

• Posted

Hi Hope - yes I can feel the same some days. I do take Vitamin B6 which helps lift the mood! Do something you really enjoy, treat yourself! Hugs to you X

• Posted

Hi Hope, I think we all need a hug, its hard & confusing going through this change business! Dont forget to treat yourself to something special - your worth it!

• Posted

I would echo what Barbara said about Vit B and add that I feel the same way you describe when my Vitamin D is low. Low Vit D is common for women in peri and menopause--especially in the winter. I take my emotional blankness and fatigue as an indicator to raise my Vit D consumption a little bit. 
    • Posted

I am taking 4,000 units Vitamin D but just started a few weeks ago. I just started a B Complex yesterday smile Thanks

• Posted

I was on HRT for a while. I had to stop taking it. I constantly felt like I'd been run over by a truck, really lethargic and devoid of feeling, and my hair started falling out. I felt much better after I stopped taking it. I am on a anti depressant though. I also take a multivitamin, and this may sound weird, but I recently started taking 1000mg of garlic oil again and that seems to help also. I also practice meditation when I can. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

When I tried one thing it also made me feel lethargic because estrogen can mess with your thyroid. When I lowered the estrogen it got way better. I have been to Dr's that don't test but go by symptoms and I won't do that because painful breasts for instance can be caused by too much progesterone or too much estrogen. I am currently seeing an endo and he is testing every 6 weeks until it is balanced. So, it might have been that you were lethargic because you were either on too much estrogen or too much progesterone because the more mine gets balanced I don't feel as lethargic. smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.