Feeling Grateful

Posted , 6 users are following.

Two weeks for me tomorrow.....and yesterday was really the first day I did a lot of stuff with ease.  BUT, my legs are VERY weak.  My legs ache....I can't get up from a squat AT ALL cause of weakness...not from the pain...the pain is just from going up a few stairs a couple of times to do laundry (so sad).

However, I did attend a funeral ceremony today in a beautiful church, and I looked beautiful and I did a short Eulogy....and I was not ANXIOUS or nervous at all and that was without taking any anxiety medication.  I know God was with me.

I'm not someone who enjoys getting up and speaking but the death was that of a close friends Mom...and my friend is so close to me that when they asked people if they wanted to share any stories about his Mom.....I HAD to do that for HIM.  I had to tell him that she told me in her last weeks....that she was concerned for him and that we talked about passing and I told her I was scared.....I asked her if she was and she told me she was NOT at all....and that she was ready.  She was 90.

He and his Mom had made the decision to move her to hospice and 3 days later she died.  Today was a special day and I thank GOD...that I was able to be there.

No more alcohol for me...it ruins life's, it destroys relationships, it drains my body and my soul.  Luckily again, by the Grace of God...my friend is a procrastinator because it took a long time to have her service....she died 5 days before I went in hospital...and I was in hospital 9 days that is 14 days..and he didn't have the ceremony until today which makes 18 days....not typical (but she was cremated).....I was fortunate to be there for my friend today because I DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL....had I been drinking still....I would be dead today or still in the hospital.

Best wishes to all who want to not drink...its SOOOOO worth it.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I think you have finally turned the corner!! THIS IS YOUR YEAR. Best of luck and strenght to you. Robin
    • Posted

Thanks for that vote of confidence.  I really hope it is my year.  Even thou I came home to a broken furnace and a smashed car....I shrugged it off..for being just grateful to be ALIVE.
  • Posted

Well done Missy l am happy for u keep it up.
    • Posted

Yay me...I'm very happy with myself...and refuse to let alcohol steal my joy....just hope I remember that in 2 more weeks.  Its evil that sh*t.
  • Posted

Wow that's amazing Misssy..look how far you have moved on in just 2 weeks. You were there for your friend in need too. I too feel you have turned a corner in your chaotic life with alcohol. I hope in 2 weeks I can feel like you x
    • Posted

I hope you can feel like me in 2 weeks to....because it is amazing.

I don't know why we hurt ourselves like we do.

It would be different if we COULD drink normally...but i have proved time and time again.  I can't.

• Posted

That's fantastic Missy. You are right to be pleaseds with yourself. And thankful for God's grace. Keep going x
    • Posted

I also believe I AM going to keep going.  i cherish this feeling of sobriety this time.  I have to keep reminding myself...a drink is not worth it and it doesnt' make me feel THIS good EVER. 

And really it doesn't take away stress for me anymore...it just ADDS it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.