Feeling like I am alone.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm a 37yr woman from the UK and I've probably been suffering with kidney stones since I was 12. Over the last 6 years I have had many operations and procedures (pncl, laser, shock waves) and too many stents to remember, to clear my urethra and kidneys of stones.. just before last Christmas I had my last stent removed and for the first time was not put back on the operation waiting list. I've felt really good over the last 8 months, but my latest CT scan showed I have 16 new stones over both kidneys sad and I am back on the list. I have passed about 15 stones, over the years, but normally they just stay in me a grow and I'm starting to feel like my future is bleak. I am very fortunate to have a supportive family, but I guess I'm looking for someone else, who is like me, with whom I can relate. If there is anybody with cronic stones and would like a 'buddy' then please get in touch x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

carla, has hyperparathyroidism been ruled out?  that is just one cause of kidney stone production.

tests to ask for

24 hour urine

calcium

pth intact

vitamin d

just to start. 

go to parathyroid com to view signs and symptoms - you may or may not be experiencing those. 

i'm sorry you're going through this!

• Posted

Hi Carla,

I'm 37 and currently in agony with which I now k ow to be renal colic symptoms

I was diagnosed 7 weeks ago after a 24hr spell of back ache that radiated to groin over night and admitted to hospital to be told I had a 10mm stone lodged in the kidney, not blocking urethra so they presumed the pain was from infection!!

I've never felt pain like it!

Morphine,codine etc weren't touching it!

So they put a stent in!

Omg!!!!! If I'd of known before what I know now I'd of never had it put in!

I suffer now more from stent then I did from the stone!

The amount of Urine infections I've had is ridiculous and then I get thrush because I'm sensitive to them, had a reaction to the catheter they inserted over night and my stomach and bladder are constantly in spasms to point now they have me on medication. To desensitise bladder, diazepam and buscopan let alone all pain killers.

I can hardly walk as bladder feels full all time when it's not!

I'm due surgery 31st ( Halloween) to have stent removed and lazer. Stone but have to say I'm scared because this is bad enough already!

Had no idea they could come bk! !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.