Feeling like I'm going to die next week

Posted , 4 users are following.

Out of no where today I had a weird feeling that I wouldn't make it back home to see my family and that I would die before being able to seem them. I don't know if this is my anxiety or just a sign that it's going to happen. I've felt like this before where I feel like I won't wake up the next morning and I still do. But this is a different feeling where I feel it being next week. Please help or share similar feelings or thoughts sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

It's just anxiety you're not gonna die, realistically you will probably die 40 sum years from now and not be thinking about it, thinking you're gonna die is an old tale unless of course you're elderly and already near death then you will know for sure your time is imminent and not just a "feeling"

Your mind is just racing and it's supercharged and you need to find a way to de-charge it

We take in energy and if we don't expel it we have side effects

Examples- If you eat you pass it.. Hint hint, but even if it's not matter and just mental you need to pass it.. Think of someone you find attractive with your eyes closed. Eventually you may be exited and now you're supercharged and need a way to "de-charge" if you catch my drift haha, not trying to be gross but these are just some examples,

When you have anxiety you're constantly charging your mind up even if you don't realize it and if you don't find a way to pass it it's going to build inside you and eventually cause symptoms such as yours that seem to be panic disorder wise or actual physical symptoms like palpitations, fatigue,restless etc etc

I used to think along time ago that my parents were gonna die all the time, I would be really worried like I knew it was gonna happen

I never thought I was gonna live to be 16, when I was I knew there would be no way I would live to be 20, now I'm sure for a fact I won't see 30 or 40

But now my symptoms are much more complicated and seem to cause real harm on my heart or mental ability that effects my daily life and it's not just a worry it's actual pain, so please find a way to take it easy now or find some help, enjoy your life because you're not gonna die, spend your whole life worried about death and surely you're life will pass before you and death will be there.

• Posted

Sorry about all the typos and mistakes smile goodluck

• Posted

Yes I know how you feel. I think about death all the time. I have created more problems for myself than solutions. I wish I could jump in a time machine go back and tell my past self to stop worrying, I might have stop the damage in the long run. Its why I tell you now. Be a brave soul. Embrace what you have, you'll only have it for a while. Trust me it wont matter in the end because there is nothing to fear but the Word fear itself. Focus on the good things in your life, dont let your mind fill itself up with bad memories. It will drain all your positive and leave behind all the trash. Dont worry your not in there alone. We are many who walk amoung with the same fear.

• Posted

What you are describing is one of the harder aspects of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. The horrid and unsettling thoughts ou have are called intrusive thoughts. They raise your anxiety and you begin to linger on them. As you anxiety increases you find ways and rituals to lessen your anxiety (be this cleaning, touching things a certain amount of time, sorting, wearing certain clothes or hiding away in doors.)

Remember this...

The thoughts you have are just thoughts.

They cannot cause you to die.

These thoughts are not a premonition.

You do not need to act on these thoughts.

Simply notice them...there they are....that's a funny thought...

Let it pass.

It is no different to any other thought.

The only difference is the importance that YOU give it. This is mindfulness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.