Feeling like something stuck in throat?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've been suffering with acid reflux for over a year and in the last couple of months I have been diagnosed with a mild hiatal hernia.

Since the beginning of January, I've been taking omperazole (20mg daily), I have changed my diet aswell, I drink water, I take a lot of fruits (which are suitable for me), I dont smoke , I dont drink alcohol or soft drinks, and I eat everything gluten and lactose free. I also take a glass of fresh tumeric and ginger with hot water when I wake up.

The sensation of feeling something is stuck in throat is still there all the time and I feel nauseous as well. I can't find a solution for it and it's driving me crazy! I don't know what i'm supposed to do more.

Has anyone suffered from this pls?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The sensation isnt always linked to diet,it can be purely an anxiety symptom,or it can be linked the post nasal drip etc,in which case diet really has no affect. You have to find out the source of the throat problem which is no easy task
  • Posted

It's phlegm stuck in yr throat if you have an allergy to dustmite.  Check with your allergistt.  And also it's stress that causes GERD and asthma, too.  I dont know if you have it.
    • Posted

What do you mean phlegm? How can i get rid of it pls
    • Posted

Phlegm is phlegm, you need investigation first before trying to fix it I'm afraid
  • Posted

Dear JamC

I'm  sorry you are dealing with this.  I have struggled with Globus off and on for years.  After many tests I found for me that it is caused from the stress, fear cycle.  Upper endoscopy (2) showed nothing more than slight hiatal and Gerd.  I would go for years daily with the tightness/lump in my throat feeling.  The more I worried about it the worse it got.  I was constantly compaining to everyone sure that it must be something horrible.  I too took Omerprolazam (sp).  I finally decided to accept the feeling (as hard as that is) and carry on...I do notice that when I'm congested, which is often, I feel it.  When I feel it I try to do something to take my mind off it.  I have a history of anxiety and health anxiety.  I too hate the feeling and it still scares me at times.  If you haven't had an upper endoscopy perhaps talk to your Dr. about it and try to stop dwelling on it...I know that's hard to do...I also saw an ENT who checked me out and also said it was Globus Hystericus.  Ugh.  I do hope you feel better soon...it will go away if that's all it is but you will have to work hard at not panicking over it.  It's a vicious circle.  Do talk to your physician about the Endoscopy.  It's painless and might relieve your mind...

God Bless....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.