feeling like your lacking oxygen?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been feeling lightheaded at times and I have this weird feeling like mu body is not getting enough oxygen. i went to pulmunary dr and he feels my oxygen is fine. said i can do a test if i eant but doesnt feel its neccessary. anyone feel like this?

2 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Kim ~

I get out of breath easily now that I'm in Perimenopause, sometimes I run out of air as I'm still trying to finish my sentence. It's a little embarrassing. I sound like a smoker sometimes. I do need to ramp up my cardio though. I think regular exercise can really help with this. I find that when I'm practicing Yoga regularly, I can also take deeper breaths. Maybe this could help you out, as well? 

Take Care!

MoonLeaf ~ 

;-) ...

• Posted

You are not alone. I went through a period of that where I didn't feel like I was getting enough oxygen. I still feel the need to take deep breaths, but it has gotten better.

• Posted

I feel like I can't take a deep breath sometimes. It's annoying.

• Posted

Hi

You are not alone. For past week half felt just like you. I went to my doc. She was thinking maybe blood clot. So had xray ,next is ct scan. When walk sometimes I need to stop because so short of breath.so happy to have this website.

• Posted

I also have been going through this. I had chest x rays and ct scan they found nothing . It is very annoying getting short of breath just doing normal stuff like talking. Feeling like i cant take deep breathes . I can sympathize with you! The only solution my Dr could offer was to do more cardio.
  • Posted

Hi Kim

I have had the feeling of my body not getting enough oxygen it felt like I had a elephant 🐘 setting on my

chest. My husband took me to the hospital so my times

thinking i could be having a heart attack.

• Posted

Same here! It's part of Perimenopause ive been to Drs and cardiologist ran many tests and was told anxiety Can do this which is major part of peri/ menopause! Definitely try the breathing techniques which work and yoga is the best. I know it's scary I get this all the time too. Prayers lifted to those affected! 🙏🏼??

• Posted

ugh this just sucks! thank u ladies. have a great day!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.