Feeling low

Posted , 5 users are following.

I just feel so low now that everyday feels like I want to just burst out and cry. I can't be bothered do anything even eating I'm just eating chocolate and ice cream just for the sake of it. I don't buy food or be bothered cook. I don't have three meals a day or even drink enough. I'm so tired and just want to curl up in a ball in a corner somewhere. I live on my own and have no job. I am finding it difficult to accept I have a problem but I know I do. I think I'm fighting my inner self now. I am good in company but soon as company goes I'm back to myself. I can't be bothered with tv and my music I just sit and skip track by track. Even trying to concentrate on a film or something I just switch myself off and just close my eyes.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I could have written this. I know where you are, and I really feel for you. It's a very tough place to be.

Anything you do, make sure to give yourself recognition for it. You're not drinking enough - so try and get up and get a glass of water occasionally and then give yourself full credit for taking that step. These little things that others don't ever reflect on become monumental to us. I have days when I can get up, get dressed and go to work, and other days where I praise myself for not spending the entire day in bed.

You say you find it difficult to accept you have a problem - have you spoken to anyone at all about how you feel? If not, talk to your GP. Just admitting how you feel and get someone on your side who want to help you can be a huge relief.

• Posted

Hi David

Your symptoms suggest your depression is really bad at the moment. I recall that feeling of not being able to concentrate on anything and just in a constant awful fog. I also was unable to eat anything much and cooking wasn't going to happen and wasn't even a thought. It's now only in the last week that I know I'm beginning to get better. Are you on antidepressants and if so how long have you been taking them?

If not its vital to go to your doctor. Please don't suffer needlessly get the help and please don't delay.

Blessings to you xx

• Posted

Hi. I was given tablets by a doctor but I told myself I don't need them. Which I think is the reason I'm feeling more low now. I should have tablets for other things like diabetes but I don't take them.
    • Posted

Hi David

Please start looking after yourself and start taking your medication. It is very important to keep your diabetes under control. Once you also start taking your antidepressants you would have put yourself on the road to recovery. If you don't have your health as priority you will be suffering with all these horrible symptoms needlessly.

Do you mind me asking why you are not taking your meds?

Be kind to yourself David xx

• Posted

Hi, Feeling Low:  Please believe me when I tell you that I have been where you are now, and if you don't get help by taking some meds, most likely it will get worse.  When I was young and my two daughters were in school, it was like climbing a mountain just to pack their lunches...I had to move in with my mother so she could take care of them, and my dad would take them to school...My daughters are grown now, and believe it or not, after all these years and a lot of meds, I still have periods of depression where absolutely nothing excites or interests me.  I still, occasionally, walk into a building and nothing looks familiar and I feel like I need to pull the cobwebs out of my brain.  It is not all bad, sweetie, when you see a doctor who cares enough to try different medications, and maybe you can possibly get into a depression group where everyone feel the same, and helps each other...somewhere in your town....Don't let it get any worse.  When you let it take over our life and you feel that nothing interests you anymore, you really need help....Good luck, much love.....xxx
    • Posted

Carole you are great! I have seen how you respond to posts and always find you give great advice along with oodles of compassion.

What an asset to this site you are!

How about you? How are you doing?

Blessings and a big hug to you

Lorraine x

• Posted

Your clearly depressed!  How about...I don't know if they do this in your area...BUT volunteering for something?

Seems when you are around people...you feel better.  And a volunteer job could lead to contacts for a full time job.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.