Feeling low and now Mouth ulcers

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I'm now 2 1/2 weeks post opp from a rectocele. I'v woken up this morning feeling really low and want to cry but can seem to get it out. And to top it off iv got 3 ulcers in my mouth and a Coldsore coming. Is this because I maybe anemic? . Sorry to moan but just feel so crap and miserable today and you ladies are the only ones who know how it feels. My hubby is being fab and doing the best he can with the house and kids but I have to remind him sometimes to do things and then I feel like I'm nagging him and I'm ungreatfull just feeling pretty useless at the moment😕. Sorry again for moaning.xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello Topsi. Cold sores and mouth ulcers aren't usually a sign of anaemia on their own, I just think you are run down following the surgery. You're having a crap day so just rest and drink plenty of fluids. You may benefit from a multivitamin as well. Take care and sending hugs 😘😘
  • Posted

Hi love I to keep having very low days, if I can sugest a good book Kimberly chambers the wronged, it is a very easy read love and will take your mind of everything a real page turner

in reference to your husband he sounds fab and the small things we get so bothered about  so times don't matter, stay charm love hugs coming your way 💞

• Posted

Hi Topsi,

Think we all have felt really down at some point and have a really weepy day.

I felt it was the loss of control and having to rely on others, as well as the really slow tedious progress.

It don't help when we have other things go wrong that we have to contend with.

There is light ahead, when you get to 4/5 weeks and you may have started short walks and some pottering around the house? Light dusting and making light meals (no heavy pots though). You may not notice much difference but hubby will see you a little more mobile.

Hopefully weather will pick up and you will meet people you know when out walking.

I know it seems like forever but when you compare with the rest of your life it's only really a little while, and better to take the time needed to heal properly than rush progress and have to have surgery redone.

It is good for us to have a good moan and share our feelings and all the lovely ladies have lots of suggestions on how to combat these depressive feelings.

We all need a little help sometimes,

Like Gillian said it's good to read. I read through about 5 books over first few weeks and then moved on to rewatching my favourite films, and at 8 weeks post op I'm now looking at holiday sites and looking forward to return to work in 3/4 weeks.

I started swimming last week, and that feels great, good to move around and not need to worry too much about doing more damage; feel a little fitter and hopefully pull that expanding tummy in that has been getting bigger every week since op.

Hope things pick up for you and try and look further ahead to end goal and getting your life back.

Phyl x💖

• Posted

Thank you phyllis. I ventured out to the car and then from the car to the pub for dinner today which lifted my spirits a bit. I think I was getting cabin fever being stuck in the house. We sat in nice comfy sofas had some lunch and then came home and now I'm in bed. But I feel a bit better for going out and getting some fresh air. Xxx
    • Posted

That's great sounds like you had a lovely time, it's good to feel part of the world again.

Healing hugs☺☺☺

• Posted

So pleased you had a nice day Topsi. It is the best medicine x
  • Posted

aww know how you feel Topsi, felt exactly the same at 2.5 weeks,now almost 10 weeks post op and feeling so much better.  This site has kept me sane and got me throught the dark days.... I binged watched a number of tv shows and read loads, kept pottering around the house, short walks etc. ..

You are not moaning btw just having a low day which we all have had.  You just have to take care of you and try not to worry too much about the housework and jobs...  I know easier said than done but your health and resting are the most important things xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.