Feeling no future 😪

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I honestly don't know how to write about this...Lately I been thinking/feeling like there's no point in life..I see it as a cycle, no joy, days weeks months , years are gonna be the same n it scares me

My anxiety plays up I have thoughts everyday that life not gonna be going anywhere like I'm in a movie on replay 😪 I have 5 beautiful young children n a wonderful man but scared of dying scared of not living.... please help

Does anyone feels like that.. is it anxiety...😪 I'm on meds

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, I can sympathise how you are feeling as I have felt the same.  Again as you say I have a beautiful daughter and a supportive husband, but I was frightened of dying at an early age and leaving my daughter, Every illness I had contributed towards that feeling, that's when I went to my GP and he put me on escitlopram, I have been on it for the past 8 weeks and I'm now feeling much brighter.  I do think that it is anxiety what you are suffering from but I'm no medical expert, I would say go back to your dr and explain how you are feeling, they will help you I'm sure.

Life is worth living and it certainly sounds like you have a wonderful family around you. Maybe try and make small plans, I know sometimes that it's daunting but getting out may help. Or maybe, if you can take some timeout for yourself whatever you think will help.

I hope that this helps, always remember you are not alone in how you are feeling, and I'm here if you need to chat, the support I've had from here has been amazing.

Let me know how you are.

Cx

• Posted

I have learned that anxiety and depression go hand in hand. They are related. Im on escitlopram's cousin Celexa or generic Citolopram. It does not have the histamine in it as escitlopram does. Iv tried escitlopram but it made me sooo lethargic an sleepy all the time an I wanted to eat ALL THE TIME! I have had some therapy an a psychiatrist dx me with depression an GAD. The therapy help me realize I do have health anxiety and dying anxiety but of others dying not me. Loosing my parent's, my husbands health, ( we have lost a daughter, she passed away in 2000 an Im sure that fueled it thousand fold) my two teen sons health an on an on, thats what I worry myself to a frenzied anger. I start yelling an anxious. Its quit scary. I become a monster! Then depressed after because I yelled at everyone. Also I to have the thoughts of "whats the purpose, we are going die anyway" or " theres to much stress an things I have to do an Icant do it all!" Among other thoughts. Iv been on 10mg Citolopram for 7 days then up'd to 20mg an on day 10 of that. Yes, the anxiety has been increased but I think that means its working or going to work. Im on med #7 an praying this is it. I have fibromyalgia an lower back pain also.

• Posted

Hello beautiful,

feeling your pain - been there myself and totally understand how you are feeling.

you are not alone - there is help out there for you. 

Firsty a visit to your GP should help, becoz they would be able to check on you, and see if you need to increase the dose on your meds or start on something else that might help with the very low sad feeling.

but sounds like you are just burnt out - with taking care of 5 kids and a husband. It's far too much for you to take. Your emotional tank is empty. You need to be around people who are going to make you feel happy. Like meeting up with friends, a mothers group etc. anything. That is away from the home.

getting out of the house is also important - sounds like you are desperately in need of some timeout! Just for your self. Therapy will also help. You need someone to talk to about your feelings. 

Do something special for yourself - get out see a movie with friends or even by yourself.

you say you have a supportive family do they know how you are feeling? They need to know - so they can help you.

yoi don't have to suffer all by yourself, there are people out there who would I am sure want to help you.

for me I found the best medicine was getting out of the house - and doing something that was fun, something that made me feel good.

when I was feeling that way I found going to church really helped me, even though it took me like 1 1/2 hrs to get to church - (becoz I don't drive) I came home feeling refreshed. Being around family also helps, I found. Being around my sisters and brothers who cared heaps about me also helped.

you need to be around positive people.

i I hope you feel better soon. I know it's a tough time at the moment but it will get better. 

This time of sadness will pass.

🤗💕??💐🙏🏿💐💋🌈🏝

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.