Feeling poorly three weeks post open myomectomy

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone ,

I'm finding the recovery process after my open myomectomy really hard . Can anyone tell me how they felt three weeks post op? I've been feeling quite poorly in the evenings , a bit nauseous and generally run down . I thought I'd feel better by now , has anyone else had a similar experience ,

Thankyou

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My third week was the most painful of the first few weeks because I was getting off the strong drugs and was feeling the pain more. I don't remember feeling nauseous but the good thing about this mess is you forget A LOT of it. I personally only started feeling better in my 3rd month (even though everyone acts like you'll be totally fine by your 6th week). So don't feel like you aren't doing well as fast as expected, it takes time.

• Posted

I completely agree with this. I kept on looking at forums thinking I should be better quicker.Took me over 3 months to feel like myself.
    • Posted

Thankyou so much for your advice , I'm just struggling at the moment but I'm hoping soon it will get much better .

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

Sorry you're feeling rubbish but it's perfectly normal. Well I'm only basing it on my experience but it took me at least 5 weeks to start feeling better. It's a major operation. I thought before the op that I'd be back to normal life within 5 weeks and back at work but I didn't go back until 11 weeks. Everyone heals differently and now I wish I hadn't put as much pressure on myself to get better.

• Posted

Hi Nicola,

Thankyou so much . Yes it's been such a struggle , I honestly had no idea how hard this was gonna be sad it's good to know though it's normal to feel like this , I was getting really worried . I'm planning going back to work in two weeks but we will see I guess .

All the best to you x

• Posted

It is a lot bloody harder than I expected. You'll get there but it really does take time. Don't rush back to work as I found the whole commute and working day a nightmare initially. I was luck to be able to work from home though. Just don't put any pressure on yourself. Hope you start feeling better soon.

• Posted

Thanks Nicola . Yes it is so bloody hard sad I've got a really sore throat now today and feel horrible . I've forgotten what feeling well is . Anyway , please let the weeks go quicker !

X

• Posted

Hi Lizzie

the recovery process is hard and long but believe me when i tell you one day you will look back and be thankful for how good you feel.  I am a physio and in training you are told about 6 week recovery and the doctors tell you so too.  I think that is rubbish.  After 12 weeks i was still struggling with being upright for hours.  I had real issues with getting sick leave from my GP but i know what my job entails and knew i could no do all the driving and heavy lifting that my job requires.  Please do not be pressured to go back to work too early coz its you that feels the pain and suffers not the doctors.

I am 11 months post op now and reading your post reminds me how hard it was but am happy to say i am sooooo much better nowsmile

Hang in there girl

Vel

• Posted

I had a vertical incision and now having been through it i feel you have to give yourself 6 months to recover properly.  Not saying you cant go back to work etc and live ur life but for my pains to stop stopping me in my tracks and for the burning pains to go away took longer than 3 months.

But we all heal differently.

• Posted

Hi Vel,

Thankyou so much for your kind words . Yes I'm struggling quite lot with this whole thing .Most days I just feel very poorly and managed a 15 min walk today but when I got home I started having pains in my tummy again sad I just can't wait to feel well !

I'm also panicking all the time about infection and if I'm hurting the wound etc sooo stressful !!

I'm glad you are feeling good and it gets better .

Thanks again

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.