Feeling sick 10 days after colonoscopy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

I had a colonoscopy last Tuesday and had the moviprep beforehand. I was sedated and was sick twice after the procedure. Since then I've felt nauseous most days and light headed it seems to come and go and some days worse than others. Has anyone else experienced this or should I be going to the GP?

The report they gave me states diagnoses of IBD and they took 21 biopsies. I was pretty out of it when the consultant spoke to me so not sure what is going on and my next appointment isn't until 5th December.

Thanks for your help in advance X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I struggle with the bowel prep but had mine plus biopsies four weeks ago. Diagnosed colitis. Do sympathise with the nausea as I'm still the same !
    • Posted

Thanks for you reply relieved that it's not uncommon.I am still hoping that he says it's nothing but think that's wishful thinking.
  • Posted

I don't think it sounds anything serious. Probably it has irritated your digestive tract. If your bowels have returned to normal I would be inclined to give it a bit longer. If the nausea becomes unmanageable there are some strong prescription drugs for short term use that can stop that. The bowel doesn't feel pain as it does pressure but the body doubtless notices all those snips! You're not the first person on this site who had a week or so of nausea after the biopsies. Hope it goes away because it is a wretched feeling.
  • Posted

Sorry to hear of your horrible experience, Maybe it's because of all the biopsies you had taken. I had a colonoscopy yesterday and I think the bowel prep was far worse than the actual procedure. There was nice music on in the room , and I watched the whole thing on the screen, The staff were lovely too and I felt very realxed, I think partly depends on where you have it done . I felt a bit of pressure some of the time but not real pain and it seemed to be over with quite quickly although it took about 30 minutes. I was so nervous about having it done but would not hesitate again, and the resultĀ  was all clear so IĀ  now have peace of mind .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.