Feeling space out

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all I am on citalopram on day 16 and feel very spaced on occasion . I also feel as tho I have a lump in my throat when swallowind for about 3 months now. Has anyone else expercided this? X

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Samantha

Ive been on citalopram for about 6 months. The side effects will go in time, stick with it. The only thing i'm finding is my memory is getting worse. On monday I bought 4 pints of milk completely forgot about it bought another 4 on tuesday and again on wednesday. x I havnt experienced the lump in the throat though. X

• Posted

Thank you for your reply. It's such a horrible feeling. X 
  • Posted

The lump in your throat feeling is from anxiety, it's very common, it's from your throat muscles tensing up.
  • Posted

Don't worry there is anything serious with your throat. It's called "Globus Hystericus" and is when your throat tightens because of anxiety. I had that during my early stages of my anxiety disorders/panic attacks. I'm nobody to talk about medication. 
  • Posted

Hey Samantha I know how you feel I was also on citalopram it did the same to me. It actually helped me out but I was suffering with trembling because of it so I stopped taking it but now I'm back to square one so the docs have put me on Mirtazapine. Give it time it will kick in. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.