Feeling ugly with herpes

Posted , 5 users are following.

After discovering I have herpes I've just been feeling like a whole different person. Like I'm ugly or gross now. Does anyone else feel this way? Like everyone else is just living their happy life without a care in the world and we're over here in our own little section.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kyra:

Let me stop you right there! You are anything BUT gross and disgusting. This is an issue that 1 out of 4 people deal with in some aspect. Your feelings are normal after initial diagnosis. Hold your head up. You'll get to a point you don't even think about it. Its second nature and with meds you'll probably not even really have to deal with outbreaks. I'm/we're here with you if you need anything.

• Posted

Perhaps we shouldn't feel that way, but many of us do, especially at first, during recurrences, and when contemplating future prospects. I have certainly lost a lot of the natural enthusiasm I used to have, despite otherwise feeling fine and coping well.
  • Posted

Herpes doesn't stop you from being happy and doing what you wanna do~ it's what you make of it~

Sweetie im 16 and i have it but im making the most of it. It may be hard to deal with at first mentally and such but don't let it get you down and stop what you wanna do/love.

It's just a skin condition and you aren't gross or dirty or ugly or any of those nasty things.

• Posted

You're 16 and you have it? Damn I have a lot of respect for you then. I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it at that age and time in my life

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.