Feeling very scared

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi everyone ,

I've been reading some of your stories and I must say it's reassuring reading other people's experiences . I'm due to have my abdominal hysterectomy in 6 days time and i'm feeling so worried about it . I've been very tearful the last few days just thinking about the surgery . I'm having hysterectomy due to large uterine fibroids .

Tracey xxx

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi there no need to be scared I was terrified when I had mine last Nov it was over before I went to sleep try to stay calm you'll be fine xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your kind words Caroline I'm sure your absolutely right . Its just all I can think about at the moment . It will be such a relief once it's all over and I bet your right , I'll wonder why I got myself so worked up

Thank you once again xx

• Posted

Don't worry I was the same I knew I had a very kind good gone and the nurse who was with me when I had the anasestic said I will be with you throughout the op which reassured Me x
    • Posted

Thank you very much for your reassuring words Caroline . It's very comforting coming on here and chatting to people who have or are going through the same thing

Tracey xxx

• Posted

Hi Caroline

Hope you are recovering without too much pain. I'm having mine tomorrow and I feel so scared. It feels surreal but I feel pathetic.

Sandy

• Posted

When you had it done you wonder what you worried about the hard part is the recovery x
  • Posted

Tracey, I had my total hysterectomy (laparoscopy) four weeks ago and everything was good. You are perfectly normal in being worried and can discuss any issues with the admission staff and theatre staff.  Mine were brilliant and reassured me every step of the way!  Take a good book or ipod with relaxing music with you. I just wish I could have had the op many years earlier - I feel great right now.  Best of luck to you and don't be afraid to write your worries to us on here!  The ladies on here are brilliant & supportive.   Elaine xx
    • Posted

Hi Elaine

Thank you for replying and i'm glad to hear that your doing so well . I'm really looking forward to being where you are right now . That's a good idea to take something with me to help try and keep my mind occupied .

Tracey xxx

• Posted

I have just had TAH last Friday and was home on Sunday.  Going to GP later to have clips out.  I too was worried but everyone is so nice and it was all over so quickly.

hardest part is ahead in recovery as very sore and painful at moment but can only get better.  Soon be summer and we will be well recovered and it will all be a distant dream.

good luck. 

• Posted

Hi Sld

Thank you for your reply. I'm sorry to hear your in pain at moment but lovely to hear you so positive it's reassuring and your right we all have the summer to look forward to when we will all be feeling much better . Good luck at your GP today hope it's not too painful for you .

Tracey xxx

• Posted

Hi. I was out of my mind with worry but its now 9 months behind me and I'm back to normal although on hrt purely because I'm 40 and had my ovaries taken too. The actual op is fine... the waiting is worse so take something to occupy you. You literally fall asleep and when you come round you are all done. It will be sore so say yes to pain killers. Why suffer if you don't have to. If you are having it by lap you can get shoulder pain and this is normal... Peppermint in any form is good for this. I'm probably strange but all I wanted was dinner and a cuppa I was starving.... I do like my food 😉
    • Posted

Hi Froggy

Thank you for replying . I'm also 40 so have been told to expect HRT too. You made me chuckle re food .I also love my food and have already thought about taking my own stash of favourite things with me !!

Thank you for making me feel better

Tracey xxx

• Posted

You are very welcome. Always like to smile... even if sometimes it wants to be a grimace. Are you having ovaries out too. It's not as bad as Dr Google tells you! Stay positive and stash those snacks 😉. Something i was advised and very grateful for was getting up and about asap and taking wander round the ward/house regularly... im sure that got me back on track quicker. I was off pain killers after a few days but was very tired. Let us know how it goes! Good luck
    • Posted

I'm not sure if im havin ovaries removed yet . Doc has said he will do everything he can to leave them there , will have to wait and see what they are like when he operates 😕. It's reassuring to hear of your quick recovery and I will keep in mind your advice regarding getting up and about

Thank you Tracey xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.