Feeling weird

Posted , 43 users are following.

Does anyone else constantly feel weird even without the panic attack? I feel weird all the time like I'm not me? Anyone else feel this way and if you do what do you mean by the saying 'feeling weird'

7 likes, 98 replies

98 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Yes its very common,very strange and very distressing,I knownhow you feel
    • Posted

Jmcg2014 may I ask what you mean by strange.

I know what normal feels like and this is not even close. I have had health anxiety probably my whole life but not like this in many years.

• Posted

I have health anxiety too,for me its things feeling slightly unreal, scary almost without any reason, things feel unsettling and not quite right
    • Posted

It's amazingly common with anxiety, its typically called depersonalisation or derealisation. It's harmless,not indicative of anything, and does pass when the anxiety passes. It's a horrific symptom through
  • Edited

It depends on what you mean by weird. That's actually how I have described my anxiety without panic. Just extremely uneasy all the time. Kinda of like butterfly feeling all over my body, my head feels weird your whole body just feels strange very distressing.
    • Posted

Yes this is exactly me! Then it'll cause me to panic when it gets to much sad vicious cycle
  • Posted

Yep. Like brain fog all the time. Detached from reality. Looking at everything like it's not really there. Who am I? Who are they? What the hell IS this? Those type of feelings. Pretty much 24/7.
    • Posted

ThIs is me !!!!! So is it anxiety rather then depression. I feel kind of drunk and lightheaded. It never goes! Heavy headed and awful
    • Posted

Yes this is me really makes me panic I hate this feeling!
    • Posted

I'm not sure to be honest as I have anxiety and depression. But I think my depression is a result of the narrowing of my world due to anxiety and low self esteem. It is a vicious cycle so it's really hard to pick out the start and the result. It just spins on! I should probably take medication but I find that puts me in another bubble altogether!
    • Posted

hi rach I feel ur pain and I'm glad av read this as I feel like this all the time I hate it I was starting to think there's something seriously wrong with me it's horrible xx

• Posted

Currently going through this after being put back on fluoxetine and propananlol,because I classed heads at football a month ago with set off my anxiety,it's horrible

• Posted

I can relate so much , it's scary . What do you do to help it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.