Feels like something is crawling up my legs in bed

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am 58 yrs young, in good health except I do have RLS. About 10 mins after I get into bed, I get a sensation that someone is crawling on top of the blanket up my legs. I can actually feel the blanket tightening around my legs as if holding them down but I know that is not what is happening and I can't see it but it is making me absolutely crazy and I am losing very much sleep over it because it's creepy. Any idea's?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to discuss this with you Doctor, there is a conition I understand that can cause this syndrome.

BOB

• Posted

There is a condition called restless leg syndrome. i had it in December but it only lasted a couple of weeks.

Or it can be a physical symptom of anxiety... 

either way i did progressive muscle relaxation every night in bed , it only takes 10 mins to do whole body so a couple of mins for your legs.

go on to you tube and type in  guided progressive muscle training and it will guide you through it .

good luck 😊

• Posted

Hi. I have had RLS for years. It is important to completely drain your bladder before going to bed. It takes a conscious effort but well worth it. There's a few things you can take at the health food store too but mine is almost completely gone just from learning to drain my bladder. Sounds weird but it works. Good luck

• Posted

Hi Tami91112, It's been over one year since you've posted this, but I had to write to you with hope you've learned what you needed about what ever it is that "Feels like something is crawling up my legs in bed".  This, as described is not a matter of a physical condition, but something more, different, and possibly unheard of judging by your statement, "I can actually feel the blanket tightening around my legs".  Please let me know what other information you've learned about this oddity.  I might have something to share with you that you might not like at all, but which will explain this thing much clearer.  

When/if you write, please tell me what kind of travel you did last year or year prior, what your religion or spiritual philosophy is, how often this exact thing has happened, and if it occurred within this year 2018?   Thank you!  I look forward to hearing from you, but more, I hope you're doing well. 

JLDean

• Posted

Hello,

I've been searching the Internet trying to find answers for some things that have been going on with my grandmother and I came across your reply. I'm very interested in what you may believe is the cause of something like this.  Here's a little background, my grandmother is 84 she is very spiritual/ religious we are southern baptist. She was born and raised on Louisiana. She was married to my grandfather who was a minister for almost 60 yrs he passed away 3hrs ago from alzheimer's. And shortly after she said she started hearing breathing at night, that has slowly subsided but she has now been speaking of feeling something crawling /moving in her bed towards her. She is distressed and now won't sleep she said she feels whatever it is wherever she sits/sleeps and says she feels like it's trying to go inside of her! I know this sounds outlandish but I'm desperate for anything that may help her. 

Thanks 

• Posted

Hello Tameisha, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to check this site.  I am happy to find a message from you here.  If you receive this message, let me know and I will reply immediately there after.  I hope your grandma is doing well.  If you like, past an update to her experience, i.e., breathing that was decreasing and feeling of something crawling on her.  I would love to know the latest.  

See you very shortly. 

• Posted

Hi Tameisha,

We wrote a couple of years ago regarding the experience (referenced above) of your grandmother. Upon losing access to this account, I have thought of your grandma on a number of occasions, wondering about her experience, if they continue to occur, if you've been able to find additional information to help her to understand what she's experienced.

Please tell me how she is and whether the encounters have stopped.

Thank you!

• Posted

JLDean. I am having the same issue. I am wide awake and it happens when i have just laid down to go to bed. It feels like an animal (small dog or a cat) is walking on my bed and up my leg. I can feel the blankets push down on me and things (hands? paws?) walking slowly up my legs. What are your thoughts??? i moved into this house about 8mo ths ago and its only happened here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.