Posted , 5 users are following.

swollen feet and ankles,recovering from tkr x 2

a fix or remedy anyone.?

thank you kindly

Mike

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had that also. Determined to be mild ademia. Got a prescription, elevated feet as much as possibleissue resolved. Best wishes
  • Posted

Ice and elevate your legs several times a day. Be sure to do your home exercises. Be patient. It takes time, but you will heal.
  • Posted

Wow,thanks guys,so quick,impressed.   Thanks 

Mike

• Posted

Ice, ICE, ICE ... it's your best friend ....

Elevation ... gets those legs raised above your heart level at least 20-30 mins every couple hours.

DO NOT put pillows just under your knees ... you want your thighs down to your ankles elevated.

Do your ankle rotations ... keep that circulation moving.

Healing time 12-18 months ...

Brave soul to have both done together.

I thought about it ... glad I didn't ... too painful .

5 wks postop here and still in pain.

• Posted

Lay down and elevate feet from knee that they are elevated higher than your nose

• Posted

Brilliant everyone,thanks very much
  • Posted

Hi Mike, also had both done same time. Elevation, ice and hydration are a great combination...Good luck!
  • Posted

Apologies for being unclear. Tkr's were five months apart although it's not feeling that way.

five months is still too close in my opinion. Certainly for me it is,but thanks to everyone here I'm currently gaining on it.

fabulous site,wish I'd found it sooner,but glad I've discovered it .

thanks everyone,give yourselves a pat on the back.

Mike

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.