Felt I wasn't me

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi today I had a really scary experience that I went to lock my back door as you do and had a dreadful feeling come over me like I wasn't me felt like I'd left my body my head full of cotton wool really scared me and made my anxiety and depression worse has anyone else experienced this 😢😢

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes. I have experienced that same feeling. Very unsettling. It does pass. Just try as best you can not to give it so much thought. The more we dwell and think on it. The higher our anxiety becomes.

Wishing you peace of mind.

• Posted

Yes I get like it often, it's horrible seems to start in my head - really empty headed feeling and wobbly that goes all though my body . Just like you describe as if everything you are has left your body and then slowly comes back, I have to get on the floor when it happens to me - slightly panicky aswell x
  • Posted

Yes I've also experienced this - I call it my out of body experiences. It's a forever changing journey this menopause lark - something different every week! Think I could cope better if I slept better! 
  • Posted

Thank you ladies I still feel very odd quite tearfull as well and that's not me at all. Quite disturbing feeling 😓😓😓😓
    • Posted

I cried non stop all day yesterday watching this Hsllnsrk movie. Little girl was dying of cancer. Turns out she got better and didn't die_ I just balled like a baby. Not sure if I was sad about the movie, or if I was sad thinking I was dying from cancer.
  • Posted

Do you notice when you have these feelings and as they begin to subside does a hot flash surface? Just curious because some of my dizziness and odd feelings I will feel a hot flash come right after.
    • Posted

Yes I was sick after with a hot flush as I throw up with mine sad
  • Posted

It sounds like depersonalisation, when you don't feel real or you feel outside of yourself, it's a common symptom of anxiety. I've had it too, along with derealisation - when your surroundings feel unreal. It's a horrible feeling but harmless. It can be frightening but fear will just make it worse so try to let it wash over you, know it will pass and nothing terrible is happening, it's just a trick of the mind.
  • Posted

Oh caz tell me about it i get this quite oftenand it is very unnerving and scary isnt it? As if us ladies dont go through enough,i have to lie down for a while if i can but if i cant my anxiety explodes to the point where my whole body shakes absolutely awful i feel for us all and cant wait till its all over with.Take care everyone 😃xx
    • Posted

It's really scary like you have died and left your shell thank god my friend was here I freaked out 😭😭
  • Posted

Yes but when I feel out of body it usually lasts awhile. I am sorry you are having this but am glad to know others do. I thought I was alone in this one! I find laying down helps and napping if you can relax enough to do so. Hugs to us all!
    • Posted

Thank you I still don't feel real but nice to know it's just ain't me gone crackers
  • Posted

I have felt weird at times as well. I never even thought of it as menapause until this site. Im post menapause now and the whole time didnt realize it was from that i thought it was anxiety of some sort or from my eyes or something. Ill be fine just moving about and then out of nowhere i have had where my head feels strange or i dont feel right. Once in a while before bed my body acts weird as well. I try to side track myself but it needs to pass through.midk i started taking salmon fish oil and vitamin e to help it. Read it on pinterest. No clue if its helping or not. Yes yes it heightens anxiety because its all just annoying and exhausting and it gets to the point where all these symptoms start ruining the quality of life. I dont even tell anyone anything..this site is all i use as an outlet. Everyones so busy with their lives and my husband has no clue whats so ever about how menapause and anxiety is exhausting physically and at times mentally. Its almost like no one cares but im in this body so i have to care.i understand.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa , how are you feeling in yourself now ? Just picked up on your post when you said you're ' post menopause ' - I'm just trying to get to know if I am or not ! I'm 2 yrs post hysterectomy and oophorectomy and still getting horrid symptoms at times although not as bad as in the beginning. I have anxiety / health anxiety that's diagnosed, achy joints , spaced out feelings at times, horrid nausea in the mornings and a few other things. I've tried to talk to Gp but am just told I could feel like this for years yet! Great ! So basically can I expect to feel better or is this it forever !! ? Thanks hun x
  • Posted

I was most menopause by 3.5 years till last month when out of the blue I had a period I am now experiencing symptoms really severe again I certainly hope I haven't got to go through all the trauma again as severe as it was the first peri was😭 Any ideas ladies ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.