Ferritin dizzy balance problems

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I was wondering if any of you who are low in ferritin are dizzy and have problems with their balance. I've been ill for 3 years on and off and only recently discovered ferritin could be the issue.

When I was tested it was 5. I have been on sodIum feredetate for 3 months and it is now 19. My gp considers this normal and I know it's in normal range but I still feel ill. Dizzy weak balance breathless, aches in joints.

I'm new to this particular forum so sorry if this is a repeat. I am desperate to hear from anyone. What is your experience. Is it likely I am still feeling ill because of the ferritin? Thanks in advance

Keep smiling everyone!!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi C4013, I have a problem with dizziness and balance suffering for years now my iron drops so rapidly, I have monofer by I.V on a regular basis along with 3 x 200mg of Ferrous Sulphate. I have had to have lots of investigations as bowel cancer runs in the family. My periods were blamed for years, however not now as I'm at that age, but still have the same symptoms, I have had lots of polyps removed over the years. 

Please go back to your doctor there are lots of tests they can run, are you seeing a haematologist? There could be lots of reasons but you need it clarifying. Hope you get it sorted soon. Take care and rest when you can don't be too hard on yourself.

• Posted

Hi thanks Jenny. Thanks for getting back to me. I am going to ask they refer me to a haematologist. I am very grateful for your reply. Hard to keep spirits up sometimes.
  • Posted

Hey there, yes I am still woozy almost daily at a ferritin of 44 (started at a ferritin of 6 back in October of last year).  I am having a D&C plus Mirena insertion tomorrow, hopefully that will help me to fully recover.  My periods are three weeks long.  Do you know the cause of your bleeding?  I believe solving that is key to solving the symptoms of iron deficiency.

• Posted

Hi Rose your case sounds very similar to mine. The research I have done suggests for some strange or badly designed way when we are low in iron, periods actually become heavier so it does become a chickend and egg situation. Not all GPS are aware of that either. As I have found out. But it is widely written about online I will try and fine a link. X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.