Ferritin problem?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I have been having this 'drunk' feeling non-stop everyday with fainting episodes. I would feel severe dizziness in my head (I don't see the room spinning) sweating, dilated pupils, tunnel vision, 150bmp heartrate and I feel like I'm falling on the floor without falling tho then after 5mins I feel 'fine'. I would still feel woozy all day tho and I have to lay down!

Got some tests last month :

Tsh = 5.974 (0.3. - 3.0)

Free t4 = 14.49 (11-18)

Ferritin = 39 (10-291)

Haemoglobin = 15 (14-17)

Vitamin b12 = 401.0 (156-672)

Am cortisol = 531 (119-618)

This week I went to the emergency and did ECG and echocardiogram and all seem fine.

I'm on 25/50mg levo because I have hashimoto and taking Globifer Forte (Iron = 18mg and Haemoglobin = 510.40mg per tablet) with vitamin c. Is the dose enough to increase my ferritin?

What could be causing my fainting episodes?

Thanks

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Was your Folate measured at the same time as this is essential to process your Vitamin B12?
  • Posted

I see that your ferritin is within the acceptable range...nevertheless, your iron is very low and your symptoms correlate with low iron....what does your physician have to say?

kind regards

• Posted

They checked my blood test result and they said everything seems fine.. I don't feel fine tho.. weird.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.