Fibro and CTS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all

just wondering if anybody has had cts surgery? I've got an appointment

consultant next week to discuss options. Diagnosed with bilateral cts last may, been using splints of an evening, no success so gp advised full time use. still suffering so hence the appointment with consultant.

I do believe the majority of fibro sufferers get this diagnosis aswell.

I,ve researched a little about this and it  doesn,t appear to be successful in fibro people.

thanks

mandy

confused

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mandy, I've fibro since about 2011, but I had bilateral cts surgery in in the mid '90's after suffering and using splints. My surgery was successful and the pain, tingling and numbness all went. However, I do now get pain in my wrists and thumbs, and tingling and numbness in fingers, although I think this is caused by spondylosis in my neck. Good luck. x

• Posted

I have been diagnosed with this but I have never had the op. My sister has had the op 3times and my Frittenden twice it has not helped them so I won't have it 😖

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.