Fibro/ Restless leg syndrome

Posted , 13 users are following.

I have restless leg syndrome, some of the sensations you can have are, Burning, Crawling,Creepy and a tugging sensation. I have had the burning sensation. It has been very painful. it has caused me to have sleepless nights. Have any of you ladies gents had this  x

1 like, 48 replies

48 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, yes I have had this for over twenty years now and without medication it is impossible for me to sleep. I take Ropinirole 2mg and Pregabalin 150 to 225mg per day, however there are times when even this fails to settle it.

• Posted

Hi glenys58335 blimey over 20 years, I feel for you. Ive had it for 2 weeks thats been enough the burning sensation has been driving me mad.  Its a new symptom for me, fibro loves throwing new things at us.. I cant take tablets for fibro Ive had severe reaction to everything Ive taken.I only get relief from hot waterbottles and wheat bags. take care gentle hug
  • Posted

Not that I can recall. Sounds like it would be a challenge to get any rest.
    • Posted

It certainly has been a challenge to get any rest, the burning is a horrible sensation to have oh the joys of fibro not take care
  • Posted

Hi Kaz

Sorry  I don't have any miracle cures - it's truly horrible. Have you tried ice packs?  I had it back last year and could not have even the lighest clothing or sheets anywhere near me. I found aloe vera gel helped a little with the burning.

• Posted

Hi Maggers I havnt tried ice packs but will give that a go. I cant bear any sheets clothing on me at the min they are so painful also. Im nipping out in a bit will grab some aloe vera gel try that also thanks for that maggers. take care .
  • Posted

Hi kaz, I was diagnosed with Fibro a couple of years ago but have suffered with restless legs and severe cramp's for over 10 years. It drives me mad I take Baclofen and Pramipexole which usually keeps it under control also Gabapentin for pain and muscle stiffness,Omiprazole for acid reflux, Metroclopramide for nausea and Colofac for IBS.

I am suffering with restless leg's at the moment. Hope you feel better soon Caza x

• Posted

we could do with a magic wand it would be waved around franticly on every 1.If only eh take care
    • Posted

Hi Caza its a horrible sensation to have hope it soon goes away, I too suffer with cramps Ive had the burning sensation for 2 weeks now get it both night and day, cramps I get quiet oftern the not so joy of having fibro take care gentle hugs x
    • Posted

Hi Caza.. just wondering what doseage you use of gabapentin.  I take to but it hasn't done a thing for my muscles. wondering if I need to talk to the doctor about doseage..?
    • Posted

Hi Deb if its not helping what your taking, I would definitly have a word with your gp and ask if they can up the dosage or give you something else to try. 
  • Posted

Hi Kaz

I get that too, it is horrible makes me jump sometimes.Good luck at hospital todaybiggrin

• Posted

The burning sensation is horrid wish it would hurry up disapear flaming fibro. will be glad when hospital is over arnt looking forward to going.sad never mind Im thinking of treating myself to something after so that will cheer me up.take care Anne 
    • Posted

Excellent idea, it will do you good to have a treatcheesygrin
    • Posted

its anexpensive treat you ought to see my husbands face its a picturelol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.