Fibroid hope

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I have multiple fibroids, a few quite big over 10cm

The larger one I can feel like a baseball under my belly button that's on a stalk. I've barely got any symptoms, periods normal no pain etc.

They had a growth spurt over past few months and one doctor said oh just take uterus out !! Like no big deal !

I've been agonizing over My anxiety that maybe it's something worse. Lots of sleepless nights of worry!

I found a website called fibroid second opinion and spent hours reading all the great info there and found their doctor in Los Angeles Dr Parker

And saw him today. He had me do an MRI ( which no one else did !) and he spent time reviewing it all with me. It's like he took this huge weight off my shoulders and truly gave me hope that it's all going to be ok.

He gave me a few options, one being let's watch it for awhile. Which is what I'm choosing to do for now.

I just finally feel relieved.

thought I would share

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had 5 Fibiroids removed. 2 on a stalk the biggest was 17cm. I had the same as you like a baseball right under my belly button but did feel nauseous all the time and tired and like I was pregnant. It's good to weigh all options but remember the bigger they get the smaller that window becomes. I had to have an open myomectomy as the biggest fibroid was too big for keyhole but managed to get away with a bikini line cut. 6 weeks since operation and feeling good. 

I know how daunting this all must be but you will be fine. Better to get it out before it grows too. Big for keyhole surgery.

Dont worry ...

• Posted

I agree. Better to take care of it sooner rather than later. Some grow slowly and some grow rather quickly. I guess it partly depends on how aggravating it is. I have 3 fibroids. My largest was 9 cm and too large for robotic surgery (small incisions) to perform a hysterectomy. They would've has to cut me from the naval down. I opted for the UFE which is minimally invasive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.