fibroid pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 48 yrs old.  have been using mirena coils for 7 years so do not suffer the heavy bleeding a lot of women do with fibroids.  Have 3-4 the one causes the problems is orange sized. Causes constipaton one day, diahorrea the next, pain in my back that is some times so severe I feel faint. Due to this cannot work. wiating for 2nd gyno appt- but would like to have some sort of a normal life an return to work.  Have been googling natural remedies. Keep seeing agnus castus and milk thistle come up. Has anyone tried this and how long before they found their symptons were helped.  I realise i need to keep the appt - just want to be helped while waiting

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've been taking milk thistle for a week and I'm feeling less constipated and less gassy in the evenings than I used to. I'm going to take it for a few months and see if it can shrink my fibroids. Milk thistle is suppose to detox the liver thus helping to get rid of the estrogen which fibroids feed on.
    • Posted

thanks for the reply- PY2014. even that will be a help- it may be adding to thge pain. 
    • Posted

Can I ask in what form you are taking milk thistle?
    • Posted

Capsules. I take one every morning. They are not the higher strength ones. I bought them in Holland & Barrett.
  • Posted

have the male gynnos been telling you that your fibroids will begin to shrink soon?

i am 66 and for over 3 years in pain.

i have been tossed from gynnos to digestivos because this menopausal shrinking is what the gynnos are taught.

load of bollocks.

i had a polyps removed 5 years ago and was told to stop taking my beloved hrt.

i obediently did this cold turkey to my downfall.

i went through a mini 2nd menopause and it seems to me now that is why my fibroids kept growing..

so for 3 years i've had the stress of not knowing and not trusting their expertise.

i took things into my own hands and had an mri scan.

here in spain it cost me 130 euros.

so now i know for sure its my lady gizzards causing all the usual symptoms.

when you think you have something sinister and are waiting 4 months between tests, it not only wears your nerves down, you also become 'grounded' as you are constantly waiting for that next appointment.

at my age i want to be out and about.

i wish you luck with the milk thistle . i will keep watching this site.

if i'm offered a hysterectomy, i will jump at the opportunity.

what i'm trying to say is dont believe these guys when they tell you the beasties will shrink.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.