fibroids and exercise

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi .I need some advice when it comes with exercise.

I'm usually fit and well until recently (4 months ago)

Have 2 small fibroids. Left groin pain which is usually constant.

After a break from the gym I started back last week.i didn't go crazy but I was fatigued for the rest of the week. (3days) could this be fibroid related?

I actually hope it is but feel like I'm just being hopeful.

I've been ok all day and then out of the blue sharp left groin pain and lower back pain.

I got over 6 weeks to wait until gyny appointment.

Also feel like I've got a spare tyre on stomach 😣

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

i feel much more lethargic than i used to as well. i used to gym mon-thur then do something outdoorsy on the weekend. over the last 4 weeks i've had a decent break and i returned this week. definitely at like 50% of what i used to be. i think it's a combination of emotions affecting our energy, feeling heavier in the stomach, and probably the loss of blood. this experience is tough on the body and on the mind.

i'm also struggling with the lower back pain in classes. it's actually quite tough.

i hope we can both learn to manage better in time!

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying.

I tried yoga last night and coped well only to bloat bad afterwards. Looked 5/6 months pregnant.

Still have left groin pain,and a terrible nights sleep.doesnt make sence.

What size are yours?

• Posted

i have a 11 x11 x 11 subserosal one. Apparently my uterus is the size of a 4-5 month pregnancy =/  I've put on some weight (real weight) and I can't tell how big my stomach is from fat and how bloated it is from this thing. ahah sad not really funny actually. 

I'm reading a few comments below as well and I'm curious has anyone's doctor actually confirmed that these little ba5tards make us fatigued? I mean, other than being tired from becoming anemic? 

• Posted

My doctor informed that the fatigue isn't just the blood loss, but also the pressure on the organs. I reduces their ability to function correctly as well. Add in the fact that many of us cannot eat a full meal because of the pressure in the abdominal cavity we are cutting our source of nutrients short so the body tries to reserve the energy. I am constantly exhausted, but can't sleep because I can't get comfortable. I'm on my fourth doctor as I have fired three for telling me to suck up. I had one female doctor tell me to suck up the pain and then ask me how I ever managed to give birth. My doctor now is amazing and caring. She has been a saving grace and actually hears me instead of judging me.

• Posted

Omg that's shocking!

I've had 2 pregnancies but this is nothing compared to that .I would rather be pregnant with quads !.

I once got told it was period pains! By a man obviously lol

• Posted

Gees the medical profession baffles me sometimes. The dumb things they say when it comes to female problems. Gggrrr. Still can't believe their a "doctor's" that don't acknowledge endometriosis. SMH!

The fatigue thing is interesting and good to know. I've always had insomnia but the last few months have been worse and I'm a lot more tired/less capable of focusing. Makes sense that the body is working harder/struggling.

I really can't imagine my life without exercise. It's my therapy. Haha. Think I'll start trying anti-inflammation medication to help the back pain. Not sure if that will work though.

• Posted

Hi. Did the doctor tell you what type of fibroids you have and what size? I had the chronic groin pain for months before I went to the doctor, but the extreme fatigue and disruption in daily life didn't start until a few months ago. I was diagnosed a little over a year and a half ago. Of course now I look 6 months pregnant on a "skinny" day. If I'm too active my belly boats to that of an 8 month pregnancy, the pain is inbearable, and I have no clue what sleep is anymore. I have a gyn appointment Thursday. In my early stages though I found yoga was much kinder than any other form of exercise, followed by a warm shower, Motrin or Advil, and a heating pad. I used to hike, swim, play tennis, hockey, and other sports. Now I can hardly move for a couple of hours without feeling so fatugued, but can't sleep because of the pain and the pressure. I will ask my dr for some a dice and post it here when I get home...

• Posted

Omg u sound so similar to me.

I have a 3.5 subserosal one and a 2.5 cm intramural one.But this was from a ultrasound back June.

I'm hoping they weigh 20 ibs now

I've had another dreadful day

Sick of insomnia now. Can't cope!

I saw a gyny privately 4 weeks ago, and she said it was a bowel issue. Since then I've had the all clear. Not bloated in 3 weeks. Thought I was getting somewhere. But since yoga last night I've been a train wreck !😢I have to wait til Dec 3rd til I get a gyny appointment on nhs.another scan then.

Hope all goes well on Thurs. Yes please let me know how u get on.do u know any sizes now ?

• Posted

A year and a half ago I had five fibroids, the largest one was 5cm×4.5cm×5.5cm. Back then I didn't really have any swelling or distention, I went to the gyno because of all of the bleeding. I'm assuming they are much larger because of how I look. I have to wear pants that 4 sizes larger now just to fit around my belly, but then they look like my legs are swimming in them. When I don't have to go anywhere important I wear sweatpants. I feel like a total bum.

• Posted

Bless ya. Well if it helps I feel like that to. I'm taking my bad day out on a bottle of wine right now and yes it Is helping ! And I'm going to have some night nurse soon lol

Well u havnt got long to wait now so that's gd.. All docs I've seen including gyni doesn't seem to think it's my fibroids thats an issue as I don't have heavy bleeding.

.I have everything bloody else tho !

• Posted

I hear with the wine! I keep wine and vodka and cranberry on hand. Depending on the day depends on which I drink... With the type of fibroids you have you wouldn't experience the heavy bleeding as much. Sounds like you should seek a second opinion. You ever want to chat I'm always here. ?

• Posted

Hi JessDower, 

I've recently had the same issue with my pants/jeans. I have to unbuckle them when i sit. I need to buy some new clothes sad 

I'm so confused why they think it's totally fine for these things to keep growing inside of us? Isn't it better to try to take them out when theyre smaller? I can't imagine what it'd be like having so many =s 

• Posted

Arr thanks .Yes it does help doesn't it ,chatting to others.

I'm fighting my tiredness. Need my bed!

Yes I think a second opinion is needed.i think my gp s r sick of me right now!

• Posted

Don't be affraid to fire your doctors, they work for you. GPs are aweful for female issues to begin with, boy did I learn that the hard way. For the most part the submucusol fibroids cause the worst bleeding, which is what I have. I go through 2 48 packs of the super ultra overnight pads every month, bleeding for 12 to 14 days. Then the super pads for the "spotting" which is like a normal period inbetween.

• Posted

Sometimes fibroids can shrink so the closer to menapaus you are the long the wait and see attitude it is. They grow based o hormone levels. Some women have luck shrinking them with birth control pills or IUD. Other women do not. I think it's a shame the one size fits all medical practice is so acute. Every woman needs to be treated based her complications. I'm at my wits end, I just ate six bites of my dinner and now I'm so sick... I can't keep living like this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.