fibroids and feeling dreadful

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi.im new to this forum and like alot of stories I've read I'm not alone in suffering. I have a enlarged uterus and an ultrasound shown 2 small fibroids. 3.2 cm and 2.5 cm. (8 weeks ago)

Today I cannot move. I'm completely washed out. Is this normal?

I'm 44 .normally fit and healthy .

The last 12 weeks have been a nightmare. I have regular light periods.

I often look 6 months pregnant, and feel it too.

Docs don't seem that bothered and said because I don't have heavy bleeding then it shouldn't be my fibroids bothering me.

Also I occasionally get a very sharp ,intense pain shoot across my abdomen for a few seconds. Does anyone else have this? I'm totally lost to what's going on inside me.

Constant left groin pain tho .😐

1 like, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi i have just been told i have a 7cm fibroid and yess im washed out look 6mth preg due to bloating i get heavy periods that can last 3 weeks with clots but i also get a stabbing pain that lasts for seconds but my doc has referd me to gyni i am just waiting on appointment if you are not happy u can ask fir second opinion i would b if i was you. Its afecting your day to day life
    • Posted

Hi thanks for replying.

Yes I finally have been referred last week. I'm also waiting on appointments. 8 weeks at least, which seems like a life time when you feel this awful doesn't it.

Are your symptoms changeable?

Similar to IBS. Also gradual weight gain and inability to lose weight?

From what I have read on different sites there is alot of supplements u can take that might help heavy blood loss ?

• Posted

Yes it changes a lot it does feel like irritable bowel pain im in my 4th weekvwaiting for gyni i just want it sorted i dont know wats going to happen im not sure if 7cm is big or small cant wait for appointment
    • Posted

7 cm is quite big .It also depends where it is situated.

Your ahead of me on waiting list so will be interesting to see what happens at yur appointment

• Posted

I will defo keep u ipdated doc said because of mu age 49 and the fact it in inside my utiris it mite b full hystorectmy but i will b fighting for the leest. Surgical pros. I work and just cant take time off like the recovrry of hystorectmy iv heard they can inject the vain going into the fybroid and the stop the blood glow then it will slowly shrink away im defo asking for this
    • Posted

i have numerous fibroids, but the one that was removed was only 2 cm but had a  large blood supply, the consultant said 2cm is about the size of a 10p piece.
    • Posted

Hi

I have multiple fibroids the 2 largest at 10 cm.

Am currently on the waiting list to get them removed for a second time.

Have ongoing bleeding since April when I suffered a huge haemorrhage and had a blood transfusion....tablets control the bleeding and huge clots but just want to feel back to my normal self. I still go and have a daily work put in the gym as just feel this is going to take over my life. Was told to adapt a vegan lifestyle cut out coffee and red meat as fibroids just feed on these....feeling tired all the time been on iron tablets like forever I cannot wait for these evil things to be removed from my body once again. Good luck everyone

• Posted

Poor you they are evil arnt they keep us posted on how u get on
    • Posted

Wow that's interesting to know that a small one csn still be troublesome.my doc has just been playing mine down cus they r small and u get yo the point where u think it's u imaging things so thankyou for telling me that ?

• Posted

Hi had a private gyny appointment yesterday. And it went well but doc wasn't concerned about my fibroids and said she thinks I have a bowel problem.

Apparently 80%of gyny patients are actually suffering bowel issues not gyny. intersting.

So I've got to wait for bowel referal .but she will scan me again and check my fibroids when I she her again via the nhs

• Posted

Sorry to hear your issues with fibroids, its best to get a second opinion as already suggested. The ultrasound does not always show up all the fibroids clearly so there is a possiblity you have more than the 2 fibroids, also depending on the position of fibroids, even small ones like 2.5cm can cause problems.  Bloating, pain, fatigue is common with fibroids.  I had mutliple fibroids and my uterus was described as being similar to a 5 months pregnancy.  Had ultrasounds both NHS and private, in January I had an Open Myomectomy to remove 32 fibroids, thats why I know that ultrasound does not always pick up on the number of fibroids. I used exercise, healthy diet and Sprirulina powder supplement to help manage my fibroids and was also prescribed tablets for the heavy periods. In the end I had to have the surgery as the suffering was too much. Do you research and try and get a solution.
    • Posted

Wow 32 fibroids!

You must be feeling better from having them removed?

I will have anything done. All I know is I have an enlarged lumpy uterus. I will have anything done to feel normal again.

I actually started a detox yesterday and ate pretty much fruit and veg and loads of water and feel totally drained today. I'm also taking lots of good supplements to no avail. Please tell me this feeling passes !

• Posted

The quality of my life is so much better since removal of the fibroids, no pain, no large stomach, no heavy bleeding, I'm also now able to exercise better, had to give up Pilates because of fbroids but now I can do Pilates, Zumba, Swimming and hoping to return to Spinning at some point.  I wish I had not suffered for over 10 years with fibroids and had done something earlier, but I had a fear of General Anaesthsia so was not keen on surgery. Now I try and encourage others to get a solution and not let fear get in the way.  I wouldnt recommend doing Detox as that can be a strain even for those without fibroids, just a regular healthy eating which excludes sugar and processed foods. The feeling will pass, espcially once your off the detox. If you are based in the UK, and its possible try and get a second opinion privately, you can then take the results to your NHS Doctor.

• Posted

Thanks that's gd advice.

Yes I'm in UK. Northants.

I'm the same .I'm just walking loads atm as I can't get to the gym.used to be really active.so consious of any weight gain.

Yes I will look into going private as my gyni appointment is end of October 😩😩thanks ?

• Posted

Took your advice and got a private appointment next Wednesday ??.could of got in this Friday but I couldn't make it.

The hospital is only 5 mins from me too?.I figured £180 was worth paying to jump the queue 7 weeks ?

• Posted

Thats great, £180 is similar to the London prices, its worth it, let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Cancelled my private appointment as I got told I will only find the answers quicker not get any procedures done quicker as yur nhs referal wait time starts from when doc referred u .only worth paying for if yur going to carry on paying private for procedures

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.