Fibroids and pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi ladies! Just had a couple of questions regarding the fibroids and a cyst. Well around August I discovered I have several fibroids the biggest being 6cm and one cyst on my left ovary around 2cm. Of course this was out of of the blue for me because I haven't really had the symptoms, now I am living with fibroids and it has changed my life. I started eating better but not all the time. I have been talking to my obgyn she says she doesn't recommend to take out my cyst because is too small, as for my fivroids she says that first she wants to wait 6 months and get another ultrasound to see how these things are going. I want to get a second opinion because I don't want to wait and for these things to grow. I want to start trying to conceive and I'm scared that I won't be able to or if I do that I will have miscarriages. I wanted to know if any of you have been pregnant full term with fibroids and how your journeys were. My friboids and cyst have really affected me emotionally and psychologically because is something that I think about everyday, I really want children and I want to start trying now but I'm in fear. Please share with me if you have gone through this it would really help. Thanks!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your fibroid seems fairly small and from what I've read should be easy to take out.

What you want to make sure is that they keep your uterus in tact, so make sure you see a very good doctor who has removed many many fibroids and ask his opinion.

If you have the option to remove and then get pregnant I would prob take that route.

I'm not a professional but have been suffering from fibroids for many years

• Posted

Hi Stephanie, from my reasearch not all fibroids are treat to pregnancy. i have friends with fibroids that carried their baby to full term. i am taking my out because of the the position and .its not allowing implantation. because of my age and and really want babies thats why my doctor is recomending surgery to increase my chances. be calm okay. and talk to your gynea.

hugs

• Posted

Hello, thanks for your response. I'm actually not sure where exactly my fibroids are I haven't seen picstures of them all I know is that the biggest one on top of my uterus to the right, but then again I have other several small ones all over. I really want to see the ultrasounds but the doctors are just being difficult and it is frustrating. If you don't mind me asking where are you fibroids located? Thanks so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.