FIBROMYALGIA ? COULD I HAVE IT ?

Posted , 9 users are following.

Does fibromyalgia have these symptoms : dizziness, balance issues, brain fog, tinnitus, anxiety, headaches, insomnia, neck and back pain ?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Yes, all of the above for me. 😕

• Posted

Hello faith. How did your doctor diagnose yours ? What medicine do you take ? Does it help with the dizziness ? Do you have everyday dizziness, even sitting and walking ?
  • Posted

Hi yes all these apply to me.
    • Posted

Hello karen. How do the doctors diagnose it ? I am going to a chiropractor for my symptoms. What medicine do you take ?
    • Posted

Hi Michele muffin ,the rheumatologist  diagnosed me after having endless blood test and MRI scan,I now take paracetamol and use pain patches which get changed every 3 days,iv tried loads of tablets it's just what suits you I think.hope you get sorted very soon .x

• Posted

Unfortunately Fibro can cause all of these symptoms as I also have them. I find the all over body pain bothers me the most everywhere is so tender my arms and legs are the worst.  Mine started about 3 and half years ago and was finally diagnosed in November last year.  It also affects my bladder and it was the urologist suggested that I went to the pain clinic and it was the pain clinic who  made the appt., with Rhume.,  Like a lot of people on this site it seems to be a very drawn out process before you get to the finale result. Which when you are feeling so rotton you want an answer straight away.  Please take care   xxx
    • Posted

Hello sue. I have been dealing with my symptoms for 3 years and now seeing a chiropractor cause they seem to think that's where my symptoms are coming from, my neck. How many tests are done to determine if fibromyalgia is what you have ? How did the Dr diagnose you ?

• Posted

Hi Michelle, sounds like it could be although I don't get the dizziness. I saw a chiropractor for a while but it didn't really help me, I've finally been referred to a rheumatologist so we'll see what they say. I am on medication and have tried lots, stress definitely exacerbates it, which it seems constant. I'm going to try and increase my vitamin d and b complex and see if that helps, I also read bone broth is good? Research it, and it's about trying a few things until one works for you, I've been struggling with it for about 4 years, got diagnosed about 6 months ago and trying to get my head round it. Hopefully you will find a treatment that will work for you.

• Posted

Hi.  I have all of these symptoms, although not all at the same time.  I currently am going through a flare up which started last night.  I am in so much pain, despite taking my meds.  I was diagnosed in Jan 16 after seeing the doc 3 days before xmas in dec2015 with a severe bad neck which i ended up not being able to turn at all. When I think about it I have had a lot of symptoms for years really.  I had numerous blood tests, pills and eventually a MRI scan. I have good and bad days.  I returned to work full time in retail in nov 16.  I do find at the end of the day I am knackered but by changing my job this has helped me. I have fibro as well as arthritis and other things too. I would recommend you see your doctor.
  • Posted

Yes and more, go and get it checked because it could be other things x
    • Posted

I have been to a neurologist, 2 ent's and a heart dr and all was normal , now I am seeing a chiropractor to see if that helps

• Posted

Most of us on here have been to several doctors. I had GP, cardiologist, ent, infectious disease and rheumatologist. They took 25 vials of blood and ran every test on me imaginable. The rheumatologist was the one that did the 18 point test to say fibro.

Afterwards, I went to a place that had a chiropractor, acupuncturist and physical therapist that helped with the pain cause the rheumatologist gave me pain meds with side effects.so I opted for a more natural approach. While some chiropractors are familiar with fibro it's usually under a rheumatologist that you get diagnosed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.