Fibromyalgia or lyme disease???

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I was thinking lately as my Gp said i might have fibro but with my other symptoms such as muscle twitching, muscle buzzing...i was thinking maybe ive got lyme disease..as ive been to scotland on holiday in may last year and I remember i found some ticks on my dog that my friend removed them. I did not have that bulls eye thing on my skin. Ive asked my GP about it and she said that if i think ive been bitten by i dont think so...

She said the tests are not so reliable in showing if youve got lyme or not...

What do you guys think that I should ask mu GP for a blood test although not reliable...?!

Thanksss xxx

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

bulls eye mark is a a definate that you have been bitten if you never had it then your probery not been infected .

dont wish it on your self hun  lymes is awful   it cause bad scare tissue on your organs  and many many problems . it is worse than fibro .iv know two people with it not nice .

• Posted

I hope that I dont have it but what im trying to say its that the symptoms are very similar to the ones for fibro. Also I havent met anyone that has fibro and muscle twitching everyday as well as weird buzzing in muscles and sometimes when I sleep, i wake up that my hands are shaking...so weirdd!!!
    • Posted

i have all those symptoms from ti me to time muscle buzzing and twitching is common and burning to .

• Posted

I have the twitching, spasms and electric shock symptoms in my muscles, Bibi. I also feel a tremor throughout my whole body ...as if I am laying on something that is vibrating, this usually happens when I am relaxing or falling asleep..... and its woken me up too, lol.....I'm laughing because sometimes I have thought it was my mobile phone buzzing next to me but no its not.
    • Posted

My right foot is been twitching along with my big toe for 2days now non stop..... Im sooo worried about this twitching
  • Posted

I have terrible muscle spasms, cramps,  twitching etc..I've had Fibro 22 years now and still suffer from that all over my body at times..I only get it in one or two muscles now at a time....I was having a meal the other night, out with about 14 of us..I was cutting my chicken all my fingers went into a spasm...I had to unravel my fingers, the dropped the fork on my plate....it was funny really...my husband usually has to cut my meat..he was down the table somewhat...I was having chicken fillet when I had the spasm, I unlocked my fingers and a friend next to me cut it for me....no one knew that this happened...I just made a joke if it......it was funny really...the whole table stopped talking when my fork dropped out of my hand banging on the plate and looked at me...I just said for " for my next trick..I'll do. " they laughed with me..not at me........O' I wonder what life would be like if we didn't laugh at ourselves sometimes especially when having brain fog....have a great day..be blessed..:-) xxx
  • Posted

Hi Bibi, I have experienced many signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia. One of them being muscle twitching and buzzing. When the buzzing first started my muscles felt like they were vibrating, then fibrillating or contracting very quickly on a low rev. I feel this mainly in my arms but also face, back and legs. This then progressed to muscle twitching which can vary from being barely noticeable to really jerking; mainly in my leg, upper shoulder/ arm and abdomen. When it first started, the only information I could find was in research papers: it's a rare symptom of fibro 7/1000 cases. That was when and why I joined this site.

Caroline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.