Fibromyalgia public gathering

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone know if there are any groups I can go to for this condition? I find if I'm face to face I hope I can deal with it better. I live in Birmingham

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Oompa, There is a National Fibromyalgia Association website. Scroll down to community and chose education and support groups. At the bottom of that page select. Find a support group location near you. It will list all the states. There is a support group in Alabama. I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi kikirae, I'm actually Birmingham UK. I wonder if there is something like that here in England?

• Posted

That for the information though
    • Posted

Sorry that's supposed to say thanks for the information, silly predictive texts

• Posted

The same info also have international support groups. Scroll down to the bottom of the list. Type in National Fibromyalgia Association.
    • Posted

Hi Kikirae, thanks for that but I can't seem to find it but the website has a lot of information that I will print and give to my employers.  I will keep searching thank you

• Posted

Click on community and you will see a list of options. Choose international support group. I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi there were a lot of sites with similar names, but I found it eventually, unfortunately though there are only 3 and none are nearby, none in my area 😔

• Posted

Sorry to hear that. If I find another site. I'll be sure to let you know about it. It's hard when you feel alone and misunderstood because family and friends don't understand what your going through. I find this online site helpful because I don't have a local support group near by as well. Healthline website talks alot about fibromyalgia and offers alot ways on how to cope fibro and depression associated with condition. Type healthline/ fibromyalgia. In the search link.

• Posted

Sorry I can't enter website links to be more helpful this website don't allow

• Posted

Thanks kikirae, yes it's hard, I felt so awful yesterday I just cried in the shower, then started at work again today. But today my manager actually turned round and said she wants to help, so I may be making progress. Thanks for the info I will look, and I'll definitely keep following what's going on.

• Posted

I hope can make special accommodation for you if needed. I pray for strength and endurance because it's a difficult condition to deal with.

• Posted

I would suggest contacting your doctor, or whoever diagnosed you, as they may be abe to point o in the right direction. My doctor needed people to sign up for the sessions to go ahead, you may need to see whether that is a possibility, I hope this helps?

Charley

• Posted

Thanks Charley123 it does help, but my gp isn't very good and I often see different people. The person who diagnosed it isn't easily accessible so not sure how I can go about it, but I will persevere. I finally opened up to my best mate today and she wants to be there for me, which is nice I guess.

• Posted

I completely know this feeling, I saw 3 doctors before finding the one who diagnosed me, unfortunately she is ony accesible 3 days a week, and is in very high demand. 

I hope you find something that will help you

Charley x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.