Fibromyalgia syndrome

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone tried the Alpher Stim Machine to relieve Fibromyslgia symptoms,I have heard that they are good but a little expensive, would like hear any reviews before purchase or rent, and has anyone had a free trial with it.

suppose to help with anxiety and fibromyalgia.

Pat

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Just looked it up, looks good but no way I could afford one. Are you in UK?
    • Posted

Yes do live in uk, but would not consider renting or buying without a free trial first, have looked at the tens machine not not sure how effective it is.

Would consider anything at the moment for this bad pain, really bad day today. The weather here at the moment is not doing it much good either,would mortgage my granny to get something to relieve it (joke)

are you in the uk, things in America seem much cheaper than here.

what do you do to relieve anxiety with the fibro?

best wishes

Pat

• Posted

I know how you feel, my pain gets so bad some days I just wanna take all my pills at once.  I am just about to start prednisolone as I also have polymyalgia rheumatica symptoms and when I had my pelvis injected on two occasions recently it was amazing! Only time in the last 2 years I have been pain freem but only lasted 3 weeks each time. I walked without my stick, could even do stairs! But it came back each time, so I begged doc for the preds just to see if it helps. Had to wait till I had another blood test which was today so starting tomorrow and really hoping! Anxiety is a difficult one as I am not coping with that well at the mo. I try to have long soaks with radox bath salts and eucalyptus oil which does help a bit . Whereabouts are you? I am on the Wirral.

shaz

• Posted

I am in Birmingham, trying to do without any antidepressants at the moment for anxiety, as only gave me side effects and no benefits, looking into a few things, nutrition as my appetite is almost non existant, hypnonsis, and the alpher stim, having quite a battle to keep my weight up.and I think that is my main stresses at the moment together with ibs, what to eat

My am 78 and can only be grateful that although I have had fibro for about 

30 years mildly, but always been a worrier, only got all the smyptoms badly 12months ago with added ibs, now the fibro fog and my balance are preventing me fro driving which I find very frustrating

Sorry to hear you have  polymyalgia, that is very debilitating, 

lets hope we both get a good day.

good wishes

Pat

• Posted

Hi Pat, so sorry it sounds like you are really struggling right now. What antidepressants were you given? I take citalopram which are really good.

the polymyalgia has not been diagnosed yet, just have the symptoms so awaiting test results. Starting prednisolone today so will see how that goes.

hope you have a better day today x

• Posted

I was on citalopram for 10 years then found it did not work, so was given paroxetine, then went back on citalopram no luck, duloxetine which made my fibro much worse and made me so tired during the day horrible side effects. 

Saw a NHS Psychiatrist but saw him every 6 to 8 weeks, put me in a group which has not helped, had to send transport for me every week, still going  but 2weeks off as staff are on holiday. He also gave me Zopiclone to sleep. but only work for a time.

Went to see a rheumatologist on 20th of May, confirmed fibromyalgia, had chest xray had to go back twice, then had CT scan yesterday so awaiting results. Husband is 82 and very frail so another worry, sleeps all day so no conversation

Weather today here is very hot again, drains me.

hope the Prednisolone work.

• Posted

Yes its very hot here too, the sweat drips from my head! I sugggest you try to occupy your time doing as much as you can to enjoy yourself. I know movement is limited. I play chess online, takes my mind off things for a while, and find interesting things to watch on tv. I like sitting in the sun for a while too. Must be difficult with your husband being that way too. My partner is ill also so that doesnt help matters 
  • Posted

iv not heard of this can you tell me what it is please.
    • Posted

its a little machine that you attach to the pain points on you body and has different pain setting
    • Posted

hi andrea yes just had a look on google thanks for your reply though

i did find  a homedics i heal tissue and cell repair unit on amazon at £24.65

half price sounds. very simuliar ,i  maybe consider it ago at that price.

i do have a medicure pro which i paid a £165 for but its the size of of a packet of cigeretts so a bit clumsy 

i am not sure if it works because i get fed up using it , because you really need to be sat or laying down. something small and attachable sounds worth a try esp at £25 pounds, i do have a homedics back masseger which is very good .so there products do seem to be quality.

• Posted

The alpher stim machine is quite expensive, if you look on the microcurrent site you can read about it, the reviews are quite encouraging, you can also buy refurbished ones, and also rent them, I would only consider one if I could have free trial  or money back guarantee if it proved unsatisfactory. I wonder why they cannot invent a pill that relieves the pain like asprin does an headache, after all fibromyalgia has been around a long tim
    • Posted

fibro biggest cause is stress, and theres no pill that can magic that away.

unfortunatly. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.