Finally!

Posted , 5 users are following.

So after my last post i have just had the packing finally fall out into my pad.

But now another question. What was the discharge like for the first couple of weeks following your a & p repair? I am not bleeding however the discharge is yellow. Not sure if this is normal or a sign of infection? I am still quite sore and cannot sit on my bottom at all.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

SO glad that packing has decided to exit you! PHEW. I think yellow dischage is just usual serous ooze post-op. So long as it isn't offensive to smell. Did you have perineum repair also? Hence not being able to sit.
  • Posted

Hell sarah I am pleased that awful packing is out, hopefully you'll feel more comfortable. You will have a discharge for a few weeks and the fact it's yellow at the moment is because the pack is often soaked in liquid that is yellow so it should change colour soon.
  • Posted

Hi Sarah! Congratulations you will feel much better now!

In my case I had brown discharge that turned into yellow after some days and now after 5 months post op it's white or transparent, some days beige, some times a bit yellow... my dr says this is normal but be aware of it if it has bad smell or you are itchy down there. 😘

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.