Finally

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am finally in to a sneaker week 7 I still have to wear the boot outside for 2 more week but in the house I am in sneakers I am so happy I can't wait until I am fully healed to go and get my life back again . I did book a cruise and I am ready to start hitting the road again and get back to walking every night. I live in Orlando so theres lot to do am excited to get this over with I am enjoying walking around the house in my sneakers ,well just sharing my happiness

Hugs Baily

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Did you have surgery? I have been 4 weeks non weight bearing in a boot. Difficult when you own a horse farm. I am doing a bit of heel walking when I have to. Tell me what your protacal was. Thanks
    • Posted

Sandy ,

I fell and had an avulision fracture of the 5th metatarsal .I was put in a big black boot at the hospital given crutches and a  ortho Dr's number . I saw the ortho 16 day's later he took ex ray's said it would take 6-8 weeks to heal and to wb and start slow  and when I felt any pain to stop and no need to return to him .I did use the crutches a few day's then rented a knee scooter also . I went to family Dr at week 5 just for mt own peace of mind  had ex ray and said it was healing keep boot on 3 more weeks  I started with the crutches again and in a few day's I went to 1 crutch then about 5 day's later ditched the crutches  .About a week later my Dr called and said he talked to ortho Dr and I could wear shoes around the house only and the boot outside to protect my foot as not to twist it .I put a sneaker on yesterday felt a little funny but not bad . But I did feel a little ache on top of my foot not fracture area around my toes on top I think the cast boot strap was pulled to tight but feeling  a bit better this morning .I will say the only time I experenced any pain was when it first happened .Not much pain or swelling alone the way. I plan on wearing sneakers in the house and ditching the boot in 2 more weeks if all keeps going well .The hardest part for me was sitting around .Seems to me these  fracture take a long time to fully heal I will start walking slowly as soon as I DITCH THE BOOT confusedI hope all goes well for you and you can get back to enjoy life again .

Best of health to you

Hugs Baily

• Posted

Hope you are doing well and all ready for your cruse .I got all clear from phisio on Thursday and all back to normal.walking again with no limp and no sore back. It's just marvellous hope you are back to normal it was a long time since April let us know how you are doing

Good Luck

Catherine

• Posted

Delighted to hear your good news. When you start moving everything seems to improve fast .I drove a little yesterday and today .and went for walk on the walking track still take 2 cruches out side hope phisio will cut me back to one cruche tomorrow.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on.

Catherine

• Posted

Catherine, 

That is wonderful news

So glad to hear this news confused I am is sneakers in the house and just walking boot outside .I am eeling better just be be out o the house again .I am really so glad to see you after your long road that you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel . I know you will be happy to ditch the crutch ..

Hugs Baily

• Posted

Great news with phisio this morning he is very happy with my progress he said to stop using the cruch only carry stick in case foot gets very sore it still swells a lot I am now walking 2 miles have to cut that back till I get used of walking with no cruches .hope you are doing well and improvin every day are you still using the airboot. You are probably looking forward to your cruise. Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Catherine

• Posted

Hi Cathrine,

All is good here walking 3 miles a day no more boot just walking  in my sneakers. I am at week 11 I thought this never end lol I am heading down to south beach for a mini vacation this weekend can't wait to go swimming I am still having a little swelling at night not much but I still have a little limp but slowly getting better .I am glad to see your doing so well also . I am hoping to be fully healed by Oct .getting ready for my cruise this fall very excited .you need to plan something special you been through a lot also and I know you missed  a trip .  Be well

Baily

• Posted

Was at phisio on Thursday he's not happy with the way my ankle swells it is not where I broke the bone it is up round my ankle it looks like a spare tyre. He has stopped me doing 45 minute walk only can walk for five minutes 4 to 5 times a day.my ankle swells if my foot is down without putting weight on it.has anyone else had this problem as it is 4 months since I first broke 5 metatarsal I feel I should be back to normal and running about .not sitting with foot up.

• Posted

OH Catherine, that is NOT good. Wow. I feel like I will never get back on my horse.  Wonder what is making your ankle swell? Keep me posted!!!!! I return to ortho doc the 31st to see if I can bear weight. I am totally off or was until today. Was feeding one of my horses peanuts when she knocked me off balance and went onto problematic foot for a second. Oh well. Not the usual. Take care, Sandi
    • Posted

I thought I was starting to fly I realise it was swelling and very sore at the bend on the front of the foot but I thought it would stop.just very worried now.
    • Posted

No I had no surgery the bone I broke was the 5 metatarsal and it's healed this swelling is at the ankle and above it looks like a spare tyre round the ankle and is hard to bend the foot.with it it goes right round both ankles.

• Posted

Hum ankle must me weak from being off for so long. I can imagine how disappointing this is. I have had so many hirse related injuries and surgeries but never a foot! What a bear to heal!! Keep in touch
    • Posted

Can't hit the correct keys this morning. Sorry about the misspelling

• Posted

Catherine ,

I have some swelling after I walk a lot around ankle but only after a lot of walking how are you doing now I just got back .

• Posted

The ankle is stiff and swells a lot the phisio last week cut my walking back from 45minuts to 5minutest today he increased that to 10 minutes today I don't have to put weight on the ankle I just have to put shoe on the floor and it starts to swell.I went to partee in Co.Clare for a few days last week Friday to Tuesday. The break was great thanks for the suggestion. Hope you are getting ready for the cruse.you won't find October coming.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.