Finally blepharitis gone

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all ,

finally some good news , i posted over a year ago regarding some drops that were being delivered by DR Stephanie Watson in Australia , these are still in production and have not yet been released.

In the meantime I had been researching alot of different approaches that were a natural way of treating the condition as i dont believe in constantly using flarex drops.

I had been speaking to an elderly lady had told me she had blepharitis and eye conditions for over 10 years but she hadnt had any symptons for over 5 years now , what was her secret.

Saffron threads (red) , I have been using Saffron threads once a day in the morning with my cereal , you only need to take around 6 threads , you can have them on toast , cereal or on your fruit.

I also combine 1 x teaspoon of Manuka Honey , well after 4 months of use , my lids have never been clearer , my eyes are white and vision is all good.

I now wake up in the mornings with no gunk in my eyes and so far so good, when you use the saffron threads dont expect anyting within the first 4-6 weeks , it was after this period that i noticed less redness in my lids and no discharge in the mornings.

Im now at 4 months and couldnt be happier , if you are going to use saffron just check to make sure it doesnt have any effect on any medication you may be taking.....

So for me it works and i hope that it will work for everyone

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I actually just posted a thread about using Manuka Honey.

Can you explain how you use honey to your eyes? I'm willing to try it.

Also, did honey cure the blepharitis? or is it something else?

• Posted

Hi , when mentioning the above are we talking about the wet gunky anterior bleth or the dry eyed posterior bleth ? A couple of years ago my anterior bleth "cured itself " but left me with the posterior bleth since .
  • Posted

i have been seeing a lot of cures with the manuka honey i think its the honey - my question is how is  it applied and do  you rinse it off - i was told to use #20 - since you live there any advice would be appreciated as i am thinking of trying the honey but i want to make sure it is the right brand - i tried manuka honey from the grocery store with water and cleaned my eyelids with it and my left eyelid swelled up and got a white weird mark on it which is still there - i am so afraid of using stuff that dr's haven't recommended - i have had a lot a good reviews on the manuka honey, however, i would like to know exactly how to use it and if you take it orally would it help with the bleph
  • Posted

H!  I hope you are still Blepharitis free!  I've had blepharitis for 4 months now, although only proberly diagnosed for 1 month.

I've been searching the internet for info as this eye condition just about brings one to a standstill!  Up to now the TTO, Manuka honey and Wetones seem to be the favoured treaments.  This is the first time I've seen Saffron threads but I'm going to give it a go! Seems so easy! 

I've been using the baby shampoo treatment and not seeing much improvement. Then started  using TTO and coconut oil combined for about a week now as well. After 4 days there has been a slight improvement but it's far from right.

I have brought some Manuka honey, the best I could get here in SA was +10 (better than nothing).

You mention 1 x tsp Manuka honey as well. Do you mean you eat it with the Saffron threads or apply it to the lids?

Thanks so much for this. Going to start it now!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.