Finally cured BV with the Oil of Oregano

Posted , 42 users are following.

I have been to this website several times to find a cure for BV and I want to share how I finally fixed mine. I had been suffering from Bacterial Vaginosis or BV for almost last three years. Obviously, the first thing I did was seek medical advice. I was prescribed oral antibiotics, antibiotic suppositories and boric acid suppositories multiple times. Every time the BV came back within days of stopping the treatment. After that I tried every home remedy I read about including, hydrogen peroxide douches, tea tree oil suppositories, oral and vaginal probiotics, garlic suppositories, yogurt, etc. Nothing worked and BV always came back within a day or two of stopping the treatment. I finally read about oil of oregano a month ago and gave it a try. I ordered the best one by "Zane Hellas" from Amazon and started using it. That's what I did. I took a teaspoon of olive oil in a medicine dosage cup and mixed 4 drops of oil of oregano in it and drank it every day for two weeks. I also took half a teaspoon of olive oil in a small syringe, no needle attached, and mixed 4 drops of oil of oregano and put it inside my vagina at night and tried to keep it in there for as long as I could. It burned a lot on the first day for almost 5 to 10 minutes but then it wasn't that bad from the second day. I used it for 6 days in a row and used some yogurt on the 7th day at the bedtime. I slept with a thin pad on so the oil wouldn't go to other areas and burn me there. I repeated the same on the second week. At the beginning of the third week I got my periods. I didn't drink or put the oil inside me during my periods. Also, this time I used pads instead of tampons. It's been 3 days since my periods ended and I didn't see any BV symptoms, otherwise I used to start smelling the fishy odor towards the 4th or the 5th day of my periods. Another thing I did is I completely abstained from having sex during the treatment. Yesterday I had sex with my hubby the first time in over three weeks and I still feel okay. I think his semen is way too alkaline to mess up my pH level. I think I will go back to drinking the oil but not put anything inside me anymore unless I see the symptoms again. Please feel free to ask any questions you have. I understand what a nuisance this disease is and how it affects us physically and emotionally. Good luck!

6 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi. Oil of Oregano was suggested by a friend. I bought capsules and have been taking one a day for a month. I probably need to take two daily. I'm wary about putting it inside me as it does burn. Like you I have tried every antibiotic and BV always comes back. I am experiencing relief. now that started the oregano. It's a natural antibacterial but doesn't kill everything like an antibiotic does. 

• Edited

Make sure that you use the oil of oregano with the highest amount of Carvacrol. That's the active ingredient responsible for BV cure. The one I use has 86% Carvacrol in it. Don't worry about putting it in. It only burns the first time more and after that it burns for less than a minute. Put on a pad immediately after using it, so the excess is absorbed rather than getting into other areas.

• Edited

I'm so happy I found this post. I've been suffering from uncurable BV for 6 months now. Previously, I never had any issues, took baths multiple times a week with salts, was a competitive swimmer so in the pool a lot, same sexaul partner for 10 years. Then I got stressed out and started drinking coffee. Boom. Symptoms hit. I was treated for Yeast first as that was suspected. Once a swab was done, I was diagnosed with BV and so began the endless cycle of antibiotics and yeast infections.

I've looked for tons of alternative cures. I did boric acid for a while but it stopped working. Then I discovered something called "biofilms" and that a large number of BV cases develop biofilms where the bacteria protects itself against antibiotic. After that, its pretty impossible to cure with antibiotic.

So my research led me to "How to destroy bacteria biofilm." and Wild Oregano Oil (woo) is shown to destroy biofilm of 13 different pathogens, perhaps more. And that's what led me here. I thought "has anyone used WOO to treat BV?" and i'm so glad I found this. I'm hesitant to put it directly in there. So I think I might try a course of oral treatment first.

I've used WOO to treat gut bacteria before. Not had great results. I think it kills off some good bacteria and gives me gut cramps. But I'll take the cramps if it means getting rid of this nasty BV! I'm going to follow this thread and will report back if I find anything.

• Posted

Is your partner getting treated? It is absolutely necessary for your partner to get treated with AB or they will keep passing it back to you. BV associated bacteria can proliferate on a penis too.

I apologize if that was obvious to you but in my experience a lot of doctors refuse to acknowledge this and treat partners of women with recurrent BV and the cause of reinfection is often the partner.

• Edited

I am doing this now. I use Zane Hellas too. I love their brand. I take 2 pills orally and now I am doing the insert into V method. I took 1 of their pills, broke it open, mixed it with coconut oil, 2 drops of iodine, crushed Zinc, and some Neosporine (cause hell why not)... I am on day one. My cramps, discharge, and smell were terrible yesterday that's why I am doing this. I also am taking vitamin A. So here goes. Since this is only day one it's too early to tell, but the cramps and discharge are much less. But I will keep you guys posted. Oh, I put it inside me and left it in while I slept. When I woke up, I put in another dose. When I run out of this mixture, I will make the same concoction without the iodine and continue for 2 weeks

• Posted

Also, I am going to add castor oil to the mix next time. It is used in Indian cultures to cure BV

• Posted

Hi I was wondering in what form are you inserting? Since you said that you made a concoction, is a capsule you put that in and then insert it?

• Posted

Cures I have used that have worked

Castor oil - strep throat- rub on the outside of the throat for 1 week...cured

Castor oil for facial swelling and eye bags- rub on face- leave on overnight every night-great for the skin

Genital warts- vinigar and neosporine- gone in a week. Put vinigar on wart, add neosporine after it dries, put bandaid over it- gone in 1 week

Zane Hellas oregano oil-cures cold sores in 3 days-gone (take orally-4 pills a day)! take 1 pill daily to prevent cold-sores

• Edited

Yes! I also cured my bv/yeast infection by using (liquid capsules) oil of oregano. I found a youtube video of a young lady taking the 4 drops of oil of oregano and diluted it with extra virgin olive oil and would drink that 3 times day. I thought that was too much. So i bought the liquid capsules (70% carvacrol ) and took it 2 or 3 times a day every morning. i promise after two weeks my husband stated he did not smell my bv while being intimate and then i was like omg my bv is gone. I was so HAPPY like i would smell my underwear and it smelled like me again lol . I suffered from bv/yeast infection for 4 years. i now take this daily but once a day . i will continue to take this daily and keep it as a staple just in case but so far this really helped me and i hope this can help someone else. i bought mine from my local whole food market.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.