FINALLY FREE!!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all just a quick update from the other discussion i posted on here, i have finally managed to get myself off of these drugs, after breaking doen at work i went to the doctors who put me on a taapering program which involved......

15/500 tablets usual 2 per every 4 hours

first couple of days i took the full amount required then after a few more days didnt take full amount maybe took 2 the whole day

went back to doctors week later (i had wrote down on a day to day basis of the amount of tablets i took)

decided to go even lower to 8/500

over christmas period took full amount dut to stress over xmas but just after new year was about taking 2 a day,

went back to doctors on the 6/1/2016 and told him i didnt want another persciption for anymore tablets i have currently been 6 days codine free

im suffering with loose bowels and restless sleeps but the doctors said they should subside within a few more days....

after finding out that my partner wants us to try for another baby i was determined to get myself clean and it took me 4 week of hard work but its finally paid off..if i do get a headache now i took take 2 normal paracetamol and it uasually goes away within the hour

now for this year is to keep clean and get myself in shape for the year

thank you to everyone who commented on my last post with the messages of support and im here if anyone need any help/advice on withdrawing from these drugs

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi well done and congratulations! Hope all continues to go well . I'm currently stabilised on 8 x 30 mg diadrocedeine a day ( 2x four hourly) was taking up to 18- 20 a day. Been on them five years and am 25 weeks pregnant. I am working with a drug addiction centre and picked up my last script yesterday as switching to low dose bupranorphine on the 19th Jan. I have no qualms admitting I am an addict but hope be free for good soon. Am so nervous about the switch as mine is now physcoligical as well as physical dependent. Thanks for your story!
  • Posted

Hi there how's it going it's good to here you are clean from codeine I'm trying at the moment to kick the habit it's very hard I am currently on my 5th day with out taken codeine I've had a headache horrible one at that for last 9 days did you go threw that when you were detoxing?
    • Posted

Have you been put on a tapering program??

I still sometimes get the urges to take some codine but I think of the negative effects it has on my family if I was to take them again

I just still have bad guts with going to the toilet because they use to bung me up when I was taking them

Hope this helps

• Posted

My doc put me on alprazolam 1mg 3 times a day there xanax relaxers and paracetamol 2 twice a day I can deal with the diarrhoea and the no sleep it's just the headaches are so bad I'm getting sick physically I've managed to stay off the codeine since Monday and hope the awful withdrawals will stop me in the future using them how long was it before it got easier for you thanks again for your help I can't find a forum like this in Ireland I'm glad I found this all your help would be great
    • Posted

Hi don't know what the first medication you was on but I was in the xntrax to help me sleep...I went from 30/500 codine and paracetamol to 15/500 codine and paracetamol for 1 week then dropped again to 8/500 codine and paracetamol for 2 week then went back to my doctor and told him not to give me anymore tablets it's been over 3 week now since I last too any codine. I sometimes take paracetamol to cope with the headaches but also try not to stress too much in certain situations and that helps along with a multivitamin tablets everyday to keep me alert and active. I still can't sleep right and with the bad guts I'm off back to the doctor for a update on how I'm coping....most people on these forums say after about a week or so it should be a lot easier.
    • Posted

Cheers thanks for the advice and support I hope after a week I feel abit better I'll try anything not to go back on them as you said think positive and the withdrawals are so bad it might keep me away from them im back in my docs Friday hopefully I'll feel better than keep me posted on how your doing and thanks again for your help
    • Posted

Your more than welcome!! Remember stay strong and I'm always here if u need to talk
    • Posted

Hi how are you doing hope your doing good just wondering how long you got headaches for I've had this throbbing headache the last 18 days and to be honest it's starting to get to me and worry me a little any advice would be great talk soon

Johnny

• Posted

I still have them now and again I actually have one as I type this. Have you tried just taking normal paracetamol to try and ease the headache off? Also I think if u try not to think you have a headache it seems to ease the pain off. Have you been to the doctor and explained the consent headache don't know if they could be any other medication they could give you to suppress the headaches
    • Posted

Yeah I've been to my doc and take just paracetamol for them it does ease it just wondering will I ever wake up with out one doc said it's just withdrawals I'm back with him on the 5th of March for bloods and that so say it to him then hopefully it will go before then and I can back to normal thanks again for your help
    • Posted

Yeah I still get them sometimes I hope they stop too hope everything goes ok at the doctors. Just message me on here if you need to talk again I'm always here to help
    • Posted

Cheers thanks again don't mind a headache now and again but having one for 3 weeks is hard was urs like that when u got off codeine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.