finally got help but on my own!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies, I'm so annoyed with my doctors here's why? After years of living with the knowledge that 2 men have interferred with me and so wrecked my life I have finally, like I promised to my doctors, found the support I need but ON MY OWN, despite asking and begging for help off my doctors.  Assault and rape must be a joke to them, but not to the people I've spoken to on here.  I may not be able to have children now due to being so psychologically screwed with that I have no trust, but never mind I've got the 'help' I need!  Absolutely gutted!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I completely understand!! It's been almost three years since my health started deterrorating, and my doctors are yet to find an official diagnosis. I agree that most doctors don't understand the severity of PTSD, or how being taken advantage of can truly impact your life. I too am a victim. And therapists aren't much help either. They make you "talk" about it. 
    • Posted

Hi Bethgeorge, I have finally had some success with my PTSD in the form of rape Crisis, it means I have to talk but they're just so kind it doesn't matter what you say they're there to help regardless. I agree it's not nice but if my stupid thick ignorant doctor won't help I'll prove them all wrong and help myself. We want to adopt so need help with this now. I'm terrified of telling anyone but need to cope and after having ivf fail it's just bought it all back again. I have an appointment with the practice manager tomorrow, I've decided if my present practice doesn't help I'm leaving as I feel I have no other choice. I decided this year I'm not taking no for an answer that is all!
  • Posted

My PTSD was not from rape, but real just the same.  I tried suicide and was passed around the doctors until I got one that really listened, although I had to go to a therapist and get HER to tell him that I was not bipolar or borderline personality, but had PTSD and conversion disorder.  He now defers to her treatment and I just go and tell him how I am doing and he keeps the meds filled.  I have found that therapy helps.  I feel relief most times, although I do dread going.  So I keep going.  PTSD is sometimes treated with EMDR, and that is what we have been doing.  The last session I cried, I hurt, and then felt relief.  So for ME, for NOW, its helping.
    • Posted

Hi Annie, I'm in a similar position to you I've finally got support on my own, but now have the reassurance and the back up of the practice manager to support me whilst I repeat all this sordid, frightening, information to yet another so called expert, with the support of a female doctor finally!  The people I am going to see, I should have seen years ago, but as is usual I was left to cope on my own as a rape is something you can mend with a sticking plaster!  I refuse to give up, after what happened with my hospital I may have a member fo staff sacked for besmirching my husband and I's name!  Luckily I've accepted the consolation prize reluctantly and once I get the child that I was made to get rid of when I was raped I might get the child I rightfully have waited so long for, otherwise who knows the doctors may come out to my body only and I don't know if it will be fit for purpose!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.