Finger clubbing,exams

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

I am 22 years old , last month my private doctor noticed that i have finger clubbing,since i remember my fingers became like this 2 years ago.

I did a regular blood and urine test ,Chest Xray ,Chest CT,spirometry,EKG,Echocardiogram ,thyroid examination,i also did liver functioning test and everything works perfect,i also consulted a gastrederologist and he told me that my gastric system works fine.

Do you believe that i have to do more examinations ,or to accept that its a idiopathic finger clubbing?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am not a doctor but I am involved in the teaching of medical students and we have discussed finger clubbing.  It sounds like your doctor has tested for all the likely causes and underlying illnesses so unless he feels more tests are needed just be happy its nothing serious and get on with your life
  • Posted

Hang in there. They will find out the problem. Patience is strong.
    • Posted

Yep but the didn't find anything on those exams ,2 doctors told me that its nothing, but do u think I have to check anything else?
  • Posted

Doctors are fallible , medicine is not an exact science but ultimately when they have tested for all the lilkely causes and have come back clear you have to trust their jusgement.  Sometimes things are just as they are and there is no malevlolunt underlying cause.  So just be happy .  Unless its causing you signifiant discomfort which is not the same as worrying about it then  just be happy  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.