Finished

Posted , 4 users are following.

My hubby had his last session oF Radiotherapy yesterday.He hasn't done too bad a few hiccups along the way but nothing major.I hope everyone else's treatment is going well.We are going on holiday for 2 weeks and he has to go back to hospital beginning of Nov to see how he is doing.God Bless us all and look after us.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Congratulations to your hubby completing the RT, now relax on your upcoming holidays, and sail through the checkup in November. All went well for me, and now RT 18 months behind me, and on yearly checkup with oncologist (next due April 2016).
  • Posted

Hello I am due for 37 radio therapy treatments starting at Preston on the 1st of October , my PC is stage T3b I am 62 years old,and I am due for a 3 month injection of Leuporelin HT which I am already on,the only side effects I seem to be getting is I become extremely tired in the afternoon upon which I go to bed,my doctors have stated that they aim to cure the cancer with RT&HT therapy,I was sceptical at first and feared the worst (cancer spreading etc,etc) any one got any thoughts on the prognosis of my particular case?Thanks in advance for any replies,best regards Peter T.
    • Posted

Hi Peter

I completed RT eighteen months ago.

I also had T3b, my full history on the Prostate Cancer discussion "Decisions Decisions Prostate treatment" thread..

• Posted

Hi Peter

By now, you will be 1/3rd of your way through your RT.

Hope all going well.

• Posted

Hi supercargo,

I have now received 6 of 37 radio therapy sessions at Preston ,I go tonight for no 7 at 8.15 pm for some reason,next thursday i go to Blackpool  Victoria hospital to check intake and flow of urine over a 3 day period that I have recorded on charts for them there,up to now every thing seems to be going ok  ,& thanks for your concern ,regards Peter.

• Posted

Hi Guys.A quick question my hubby has accidentally wet himself a few times due to not making the toilet in time will this pass or should we tell the consultant about it next week.
    • Posted

Hi Soso

Give the Oncologists secretary, or RT center, a ring, and advise therm.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.