Firm advanced prostate cancer diagnosis :-(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I wrote s couple of weeks ago about my husband having a PSA of 6006.

We now have the full diagnosis :

PSA originally 6006 then up to 6700 week later.

Gleason score 9 (4+5)

Spread to lymph nodes, ribs, spine and pelvis.

Hormone treatment to continue and they have suggested chemo to start in about 4 weeks.

Obviously it is a horrible prognosis and not sure what else to say but any thoughts very welcome. x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sally my prayers are with you. What was his PSA level last year?
    • Posted

He didn't have a PSA test before this. His Dr said not advised as no symptoms :-(

(He still has no symptoms.)

• Posted

Sally all you can do is live each and every day . The prognosis is not good but try to stay positive. I have heard of remarkable reverses to this disease . While this means its not really ever going to be dormant with todays technology just a blend of the right treatments can work and hold it off for quite a while. I know this really does suck and i I know myself what you are feeling and how it affects you both. . I think when I read posts and men are so worried about their impedence or having Bladder control problems they miss what aggressive PC is .Just ask me life togeather means everything and just being there for each other means the absoulute most . In the years of your marriage this will no doubt be the time when you need to be there but don't forget to care for yourself 💙💙💙

• Posted

I am sorry to hear of your husband's situation.

By all means stick to the hormone treatment he is on BUT at the same time look online for CLINICAL TRIALS for ADVANCED PROSTATE CANCER. This should reveal different therapies which are being tested on patients, usually  at little or no cost. You can target your search better by adding say the country you are in to the search criteria.

Some trials offer new drugs or similar drugs to what is on the market but at different doses.

When looking at trials pay close attention to the ELIGABILITY criteria, which requires patients to have some attributes eg spread to lymph nodes as a prerequisite to participating in the trial.

Your husband is in my prayers.

• Posted

Hi Sallyyyy I know what you have dealt I was told only 2 weeks ago that I haveĀ 

mestatic cancer and in this time I have had 2 mri scans 2 ct scans an ultra scan and a few other tests and the incoligist has arranged for me to go into a trial so when your husband goes to see his , just ask and you should be refered to one.Once you have been told that cancer is advanced the aussie medical system

does move a lot faster.

I hope this helps

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.