First Colonoscopy-Worried

Posted , 5 users are following.

This may seem like a strange worry considering the nature of this procedure...But ive read that during the procedure you have to turn onto your back and really im worried about flashing my ladies parts... rolleyes i know that obviously your behind is already out but i suppose im worried about how exposed ill be during this procedure! Any help from you girls would be appreciated so I know what to expect. 

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry rosie,

They give you paper/disposable shorts which have a rear opening.  Sorry but I cannot remember what they call them.

It will all be dignified I asure you.  

Hope all goes well.

J xx

• Posted

Thank you so much! couldnt seem to find this information anywhere and just needed to out my mind at rest!
  • Posted

Almost certainly they'll be one or two ladies in the team.  As Jessie says, you won't feel embarrassed, I am certain.  It all happens so quickly; the team is concentrating on what they have to do.  You'll be fine, I am sure.
  • Posted

you do wear a theatre gown and as far as I'm Aware you privates remain covered so don't worry about that. It has a little window at the back so even your bum isn't too exposed 
    • Posted

Mine was done a private hospital and I did not get paper pants. Not that I care as I have long since ceased to bother about such things. When I last had an angiorgam the nurse pulled up the front of my gown. I said that I thought that they are doing it through my arm. They are she said... I just wanted to see what you had down there. Now if I had done that to her??  Obviously my reputation had preceded me:-)
  • Posted

Hi Rosie. Everything is very dicreet so you don't need to worry. Actually it's all done I think on your side with your knees tucked up, with your hospital gown on and the lovely fetching paper shorts so nothing is on display. I was worried abouyt that as well, but actually considering what is going on, they treat you with dignity. Hope that helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.