First Cyst ever on Nose - what do I do?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

So roughly a week ago the right side of my nose was a little tender and in the last few days a cyst has developed - there is a slight head on it but I have never had a cyst before. I have absolutely no idea what to do and I can't bear the thought of anyone seeing. However, I read online that some cysts can last months! What should I do?

Thanks

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

See a plastic surgeon for removal. Best way to Go! Cysts are very deep and leave huge scars if not removed by a plastic surgeon. I had one on my cheek and found a great plastic surgeon you can't even see where it was.

• Posted

Is there an age limit (I'm only 16) and how much was it?

• Posted

No age limit. And the cost depends on many things. Ask for a appt and just get it done. You Weill be glad you did they just get bigger and bigger. Get it done now before it really becomes complicated.,
  • Posted

Reece,at your age you could be developing acne. Do you have a greasy skin? Any other red spots on cheeks or forehead?.   Whatever you do dont finger or squeeze this cyst or you could have a scar or spread the infection..    Keep your face very clean but dont scrub or it could become sore. A flannel soaked in hot water and put on your nose like a hot compress could help it to come to a head and discharge.

If you get many like this you may need antibiotics to get rid of an underlying infection.  

• Posted

From my experience it is very painful and does not solved in few days. You should contact with a doctor immediately for resolve the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.