First day taking Orlistat

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,this is my first day taking Orlistat prescribed by my doctor,I currently weigh 17stone 8 and wanting to get to about 10 stone,obviously I know this is going to take some time to get to my ideal weight. I am not very active I walk around three miles a day three times a week,rest of the week im just in the house cleaning,hoovering your regular stuff. I've cut down my meal sizes and gone low fat with everything. How much weight have you all lost and in what time scale? I've heard mixed reviews thats all.

Thanks so much Kelly xx

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly, I started in November last year & when I first took the tablets most food seemed to 'go thru me' rather quickly until I got used to them, you must try & eat low fat meals & excersize which you are doing, I do too. I have come to a bit of a standstill but am trying again!! I've lost 11lb so far. Good luck and think very positive, you will get there I'm sure. πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ˜œx
    • Posted

I've had weetabix and low fat milk at around 9.30 nothing happening as of yet so hopefully I'm not running to the toilet. Although my belly is abit tender since taking the tablet. Well done you for loosing 11lb thats so good! And yes your right about thinking positive its the best way! Good luck with your weightloss xx
  • Posted

Hi ive lost 2 and half stone since july i stick to everything low fat changed the whole family too so it makes it easier .. most meals i have the same as the kids if they have chicken and chips i have chicken and salad ... i had to start looking at labels as well the food i thought were ok eg bran flakes fruit and fibre cereal are all high in sugar so still bad i tend to stick to porridge or rice krispies i do a half hour walk twice a day (school run) and try and do my excersie bike twice a day .. good luck hope they work for you x
  • Posted

Hi Kelly my starting weight on orlistat was 18st 2 lbs and I'm now 16st 13lbs and this has been since mid October. I lost a stone before that by myself so I've lost in total 2st 3lbs. Stick to lean meats like sliced ham and beef. I try to have 500 calories per meal so that I'm sticking to 1500 calls per day. You are allowed up to 15g of fat per meal and if you stick to this you shouldn't have any toilet issues. Lots of fruit and grilled meat, also low carb veggies are good too like sweet potato. Good luck x
    • Posted

I've done okay today to say it's my first day! The reason I put weight on in the first place was chocolate bars and coca cola,I wasn't eating breakfast or lunch and had a big meal past six oclock which didn't help. So today's been strange eating three meals,so happy I've had no side effects whatsoever! xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.