First experience with this...

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm 36 and I have what appears to be a grape sized Bartholyn cyst on the lower right size of my girly part 😳. I've been trying home remedies so far to no avail. I've tried sitz baths, turmeric and coconut oil, baking soda soak, and I could not help it but I got so desperate I poked it with a syringe and was able to drain some fluid and get some relief but the fluid just builds up again. I do not think its abcessed because it has not gotten any larger it has stayed this size since first appearing after having intercourse which was almost a week ago. It is itchy at times and will hurt at times not always just sometimes like after using the restroom and wyping down there. I enjoy my sex life and do not enjoy this on my privates! It has become very annoying to me in the time I've had it. I see that most people that get relief from home treatments seem to have abcessed. I want to know since mind doesn't seem to have abcessed is there anything recommended that can do to get rid of this thing?? Please help! Thank you!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello kelly02548, first off I am so sorry you're going through what you are. I too have been experiencing a bartholin cyst for the last 3 days and it has been miserable. Although mine is abcessed, i've always noticed my right bartholin gland would accumulate fluid even without sex. It did not hurt and what I would do is while taking a shower, I would massage it and could feel a good amount of fluid instantly drain. This may be a good preventative measure in case you ever have trouble with the bartholin duct getting blocked and causing more blockage. As of right now, I'very been taking the natural supplement called Serrapeptase, which was recommended on another blog about bartholin cysts. It's supposed to reduce inflammation and help clear cysts in the body. I started taking it on Monday evenijg and Tuesday night ( last night) I finally got the cyst to drain. It hasn'the drained completely, yet, but I was so relieved I cried. I hope this helps and I hope you feel better very soon.

• Posted

Oh good I'm so glad yours has drained! I can't imagined what this would be like with it abcessed... You poor thing.. I still cannot believe how many of us suffer with this and I had never heard of it before! It's horrible! I have started taking serrapeptase. I just hope I am taking enough. Right now I am at 3 pills a day and they are 40000spu, a pill. Do you know if it is a good idea to stay on them after the cyst is gone?

Thanks so much for replying.

• Posted

I feel for you! I've been struggling on and off for 7 years.

Clay packs are something that has worked for me at times - I also posted a long post earlier this year on this forum about all the natural methods that have helped (*the things I've done help to keep the cyst down, and allow me to avoid the hospital, but nothing yet has kept them away forever) – here’s the longer post: https://patient.info/forums/discuss/home-treatment-that-works-for-bartholin-cyst-finally--509257

- I used dry pure green clay (you can get it in health food stores in the cosmetic section, just make sure it doesn’t have anything added to it) and mixed it with enough water to make a paste. Mix the clay and leave it for at least an hour before using – it will keep indefinitely so no need to worry about mixing too much or leaving it (way) longer than an hour

- use a thin strip of cotton, place a pile of clay in the middle – enough to cover the whole cyst area, about 1cm deep

- place the cotton strip with clay directly against the cyst

- cover the cotton with a strip/square of wool

- put underwear overtop

----- change the clay pack every couple of hours during the day. okay to leave it one on for the whole night. 

• Posted

Every time I feel an abscess coming I do this very simple steps and trust me! Trust me! when I say INSTANT RELIEF! I've had bartholin abscess reoccurrence since 8 years ago. I've had it maybe 15 times. I've tried everything except surgery. I just did these steps literally 10 minutes ago because I felt an abscess coming and when I checked my vagina I was right my right labia was starting to swell up.

All you need is q-tips or cotton swabs, and a mirror. (I use the magnifying mirror it's easier to see) Sit on the toilet, place the mirror in front of your vagina so you can see. Find your bartholin duct/opening... Using your index and middle finger spread the labia - I don't know if it's the same for everyone but my bartholin opening is just right beside my clitoris. It's a very small hole. Position the q-tip/swab on the swollen gland then press to squeeze the puss out. Keep doing it until the gland is empty. The relief ahhhh if I had known this procedure 8 years ago (I discovered it by accident -(tried everything out of desperation) omg all those suffering from pain and not being able to walk and sit. Please try these steps please I'm swear by this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.